Gibbs of Fraserburgh back on the road

I see on a social media website that Gibbs of Fraserburgh are back on the road.
The vehicle they have is a 16 plate Volvo artic.
Great news to see a well respected company like this back on road , all the very best to you.

Hi lawrence 2765, that’s good to see, some here from the late Ronnie Cameron’s collection, Ronnie, apart from taking photos also built his collection from photos bought, sent to him or entrusted to him from hauliers and family history albums.
If anyone wishes to dispute or claim ownership of any of the following, it/they can quickly be removed.
Oily

Gibbs Ronnie Cameron 5356710730_070dae752e_o.jpg

This one thanks to Len Rogers.
Oily

oiltreader:
This one thanks to Len Rogers.
Oily

Great photos Oily, They were often seen at Manners Butchers on Meadowfield Ind.Est Ponteland, Regards Larry.

lawrence2765:

I took this photo the day it was finished.

A few more i took that day

euroscot:

my apologies to you Euroscot if its your picture I posted at the start of this thread I hope you don’t mind.
its just great to see an iconic company like Gibbs back on the road again.

lawrence2765:

euroscot:

my apologies to you Euroscot if its your picture I posted at the start of this thread I hope you don’t mind.
its just great to see an iconic company like Gibbs back on the road again.

Thats ok. I knew people would be saving them as the photos were taken minutes after it was finished and knowone knew about it

Back in the beginning.
Oily

Gibbs Ronnie 6784809236_d9c6ffb857_rc o.jpg

I read an article about the return of Gibb’s month or so ago. It was refreshing to understand that they ceased trading whilst solvent, but had seen the trading environment deteriorating, in taking that painful step to shut the firm, they did so without owing anyone anything. That kind of integrity is so lacking in much of the so blue chip companies listed on the stock market.

It’s fantastic that such a great name is back in business, best of luck to the family who are literally back in the driving seat.

recently i have seen photo of a daf spacecab whitch has been added 2 there fleet .

Few photos i took the day the daf was finished

Is Fraserburgh known except for Gibbs Transport.

Cliff luxton:

Gray and Adams who make the reefer trailers are based in Fraserburgh

euroscot:
Few photos i took the day the daf was finished

That’s the best dressed DAF I’ve seen, (apart from those in the blue and yellow of Frans Maas, but that is just being sentimental)

IMG_20191016_095009 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
IMG_20191016_095014 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
I`d say this old girl seen some miles!

Leeming Bar Oct 2019.
Oily

I think the Gibbs livery through the years has always been top class.

Dave…

Cliff luxton:

in general terms then the answer is no.

shellfish,and more recently drug crimes and foreigners committing thefts and fraud is about all that pops up.
theres nothing up there apart from the harbour and associated fish related businesses.
the only two that spring to mind are gibbs and h.b. fash. :slight_smile: