NMU(1953)LTD YORK

Hi All

Does Anybody Have Any Old Pictures Of Our Old Fleet Of Lorries ■■ Many Thanks.

NMU

Not my photos but a couple here for you.You may already have these has I found them on the net,

N.M.U Foden.jpg

Dont know if this is the same outfit

VS02702.jpg
A couple more found.

NMU157564516.jpg.gallery.jpg
NMU257564501.jpg.gallery.jpg

Thank You John ! NMU TRANSPORT Was The New Shorter Name . The Gentleman In The Hat In Front Of 626 Was Jock Donague A London Trunk Driver, Along With My Father They Used To Trunk The Tankers Up From Shuttleworth’s Chocolate Factory In South London To York , Again Thank You For The Pictures.

John

Hi Again

I Thought You Might Like To See A Picture Of The Half Tank Built By The Workshops In York Half Tank-Half Box

NMU357564511.jpg

Hi Everybody .

Thought You May Like To See Picture Of The Half Tank Half Van Body Fitted To Foden And Made In House At The NMU Body Shop In York

NMU357564511.jpg

Good photographs although i do not know off the company i can hear the Foden coming up the road,was it air change.

Photos from a piece in the York Press newspaper (Not my photos)
Reg Chambers workshop manager (He is on the left in the photo of the three chaps in front of the Foden)

Dave Reynold sent this one to the paper of his dad Ted and another employee working on a daimler coach.

NMU657564503.jpg

Thanks John I Have Posted More Bus Works Pictures Thanks To York Press For Doing Article On NMU

What did the initials NMU stand for?

Spud1960:

IIRC, its National Motor Utilties, Regards Larry.

Thank You Larry For Explaining NMU To Spud ! To Let You All Know I Drove For NMU London And Rowntree In London And Norwich

NMU

Hi All I Thought You Might Like To See Arial Pictures Of The Old NMU(1953)LTD Depot In York, Now Included In The Nestle Factory Site Which Used To Be Rowntree’s, There Used To Be A Road Dividing NMU From The Rowntree Factory, But This Road Has Now Be Consumed By The New Buildings, The Road In Front Of The Office Building Went Straight Down To Join Wiggington Road, But The Old Entrace Is Now Under The Grass In Front Of The Three Main Buildings That Formed The Building, If You See In Some Pictures On This Site You Will See Fodens Park Outside Side Of Building Facing The Grass, Thanks To Google Earth For Pictures

N.M.U Foden 2.jpg

p1226300282-3.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:

Spud1960:

IIRC, its National Motor Utilties, Regards Larry.

Northern Motor Utilities

Northern Motor Utilities (1953) Ltd.
Northern Motor Utilities (1954) Ltd.
Both company shares were held by NMU (Servicing) & NMU (Contracts) LTD.

In December 1954 the company had purchased 277 vehicles from BRS.

[trucknetuk.com/phpBB/download/file.php?id=178242]

The buildings shown are still in use
The area behind the Foden is part of workshops & body shops.
The shunter’s rest room is in there.
The office block to the right is back in use as the main transport office and the drivers canteen is in the area nearest the truck.

The bus and coach building was done at Landsdowne Road In York

Thank You

Up to date photo’s taken tonight of the offices in the B/W pictures posted by NMU1953

MHE training centre (where the tanks were sat)

Offices

Modern units.

Thank You Soldier It Was Good To See The Old Buildings Again I Used To Drive For NMU Fleet 1273 Plus I Used To Drive The Norwich To London RTN Service From The Mack Factory In Chapel Fields Norwich To The Rowntree Depot At Bounds Green North London Drop My Trailer And Pick Up Empty Trailer And Return To Norwich Twice I Flew Up To York From Norwich To A RAF Airfield Near York To Collect A Vehicle From NMU Picture Is Of Rowntree Mack Aircraft Based In Norwich It Was A Daily Shuttle Between Norwich And York

Thanks Again NMU

2446966610_f2ee8db294_z.jpg

Norwich London Daily Trunk This Picture Was Taken Prior To Vehicle Being Repainted In Red And White Of Rowntree Mack

Hi NMU. Interesting post about the aircraft. When would that have been?

Hi.

The Picture Was Around Late Sixties Beginning Of The 70’s The Aircraft Was Operated By Air Anglia Norwich On Behalf Of Rowntree Mack The Day I Flew Up There I Collected A Re Painted Ex Mackintosh’s ERF Unit And Trailer Now In The New Rowntree Mack Livery To Take Back To Norwich.

NMU