Day out at Rush Green

There have been a few articles lately in Classic/Heritage Commercial mag’s etc reference Rush Green Motors, lots of memory jogging photo’s. A while back Steve(Jakey) & myself with my 10 year old son went on a days-jolly to Rush Green, I took a fare few pics so thought its time I sat down for a couple of hours on a quiet Sunday & posted them on here for anyone to enjoy. I will try & put them in some order Tankers/BRS etc, but some may just be hap-hazard, where possible I tried to get Company names/Reg No’s/Fleet No’s etc, but anyone who has been to Rush Green knows sometimes you have to climb up/over/under stuff & just get the best shot possible! If anyone wishes to take a pic & move it to another thread for reference/comparison etc then feel free, I just take pics for myself & others to enjoy. Regards Chris

Having worked for Air Products out of Didcot for 20 years this year, covering 2 spells, I pleased to find this old A.P. AEC Mandator.

Chris I went in over 10 yrs ago before the cctv and fencing ,infact I took a load of fencing & gates down from Iae about 2 yrs since ,on my first visit I parked up the road and wondered in with out seeing anyone ,another time I took a mate we had all on to escape with out buying something he was like Aunty wainwright !

ICI Scammell Highwayman, complete with tree grown up through the engine bay!

Punchy Dan:
Chris I went in over 10 yrs ago before the cctv and fencing ,infact I took a load of fencing & gates down from Iae about 2 yrs since ,on my first visit I parked up the road and wondered in with out seeing anyone ,another time I took a mate we had all on to escape with out buying something he was like Aunty wainwright !

Steve knows the Guvnor there so we had permission, but we just had to keep an eye out for the single wandering Rottweiller, who we were told could be “A bit of a Bugger” :open_mouth: :confused: , the others were in Run outside the office, but the 1 liked to go & walk himself!!!

Various Fuel Trailers/etc, the Mobil ! was of special interest to me as my Dad did 23 years on Mobil.

Chris did you see a 8 wheeler ergo tipper with Bown n shaw on the door from Chesterfield ?

Blue Circle the Scammell is a 8-wheeler, the Tank (rear-view) looks smaller, maybe off a 4-wheeler?

Punchy Dan:
Chris did you see a 8 wheeler ergo tipper with Bown n shaw on the door from Chesterfield ?

Struth Dan, I can’t remember where I went on Friday :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: . We might have done, no doubt did the amount of time we were there, but there are so many old names there your brain goes into melt-down :confused: It might be in ! of my pics?

Some old Shell kit.

Couple of BOCs, the Sed Atki 400 in their old Red colours.

These Seddon Atkinson 8-Wheelers were smart bits of kit in their day.

Texaco 6-wheeler, wasn’t the Leyland 6-wheeler called the Bison?

Murco/Fuel Seddon.

What is this.JPG
Ford C series?

Now a few for our BRS fans, my Dad worked at BRS Oxford in the 50s.

Got Fleet & Reg No for this old Bristol, hope one of our BRS experts can place this one’s home!

Cracking photos Chris,thanks.

Seddon & Bristol tractors.

BRS Parcels (Green)?