Astran / Middle East Drivers

glynn50:
Tehran in 1975,we shipped out of Felixstowe end of August did the train in Germany then Austria Yugoslavia,Bulgaria turkey stopped off at the Harem for 2 days and slept in a proper Bed and enjoyed the pool . We carried on across turkey where we hit the queue for the Bazergan border it took 2.5days to get through once through into Iran we headed for Tehran now I have question my dad told me As we came down a road toward a village /town the road deceives you , you think it’s going 1way but actually goes another and from memory there was a dish shaped fountain and he explained that possibly 3 Dutch drawbar trucks hit this fountain 1 took off ripping all axles off , another saw what happened took evasive action but finished up demolishing a house and the 3rd went between 2 houses and demolished them unfortunately there were a lot of fatalities could anybody confirm wether all or part of this is true , also after sitting at the Tehransnew customs for nearly a week, one stand pipe for water and talcum powder dusty conditions we moved to the international trade fair being held there (sept-Oct 75) we made camp and stayed approx 2 weeks for backload to GB via Astran, sorry for going on but after all these years I’ve often wondered I’m sure when we drove past the spot there was remains of the trucks still there. Ps I was 14 at the time and 57 so memory may have faded cheers for now