Astran / Middle East Drivers

ERF-NGC-European:

harryvr6:
Excellent work robert!

I do think the red and yellow livery suited the 141s rather well, much better than the later models.

The picture on the back of the 4 series cab posted earlier is the Bob Paul and Gordon Pearce truck isn’t it? Setting out for the Middle East from London way back when, it was in Ashley’s Marvellous book.

Looks like I missed seeing Neil jarmans stunning 141 recently at heaton park, rats!

Does anyone know if he is attending truckfest northwest this weekend with his 141 at all? I do hope so.

Many thanks

Thank you! Yes, you are right about the picture on the back of the cab. As for Carl Jarman’s 141 - I wouldn’t hold your breath, as he’s already sold the trailer.

Meanwhile here are a couple of blasts from the past I found online this morning. Robert

Thank you Robert,

You were right, no sign of Carl’s 141 at weekend at truckfest northwest, at least not on the Saturday anyway…

Rats! He’s sold his trailer!?. That doesn’t bode well for some local truck spotting then! I wonder who bought it? My ambition is to one day own a similar outfit and go to the shows in it, pipe dreams at the moment though!

Nice pictures again too Robert, the strato was bob Hadley’s? (without consulting ash’s book!) in the book I think it is pictured next to the transcontinental of chris hooper (?)

Just jumping back a couple of posts, fantastic pics of your run with Dave Poulton, and it is great to have another Middle East icon on the forum in Dave too, hopefully some more Middle East tales and stories to come ! Oh and pictures!

Thanks again, stew