A lottery jackpot

might be easier to come by but if anyone could suggest where to find colour photos of sayers of newbury wagons from the 1980s i’d be grateful - does marky or anyone know if they ever featured in truck magazine? i have all issues except number one but haven’t had the time to flick thru all 300-odd!

Give Derijke in Stalybridge a ring, maybe they kept a few of the pics or some of the old drivers may still be around.

great minds think alike malc (or duffers seldom differ if you prefer!) :laughing:

jj72:
might be easier to come by but if anyone could suggest where to find colour photos of sayers of newbury wagons from the 1980s i’d be grateful - does marky or anyone know if they ever featured in truck magazine? i have all issues except number one but haven’t had the time to flick thru all 300-odd!

They were featured in one of Bob Tuck’s books called Classic Hauliers 2. I’ve just checked and all the pictures are black & white.

marky:
They were featured in one of Bob Tuck’s books called Classic Hauliers 2. I’ve just checked and all the pictures are black & white.

yep that’s the book which had made me think of it in the first place marky, thanks anyway and if anyone does get a flash of inspiration please share it!

wish now i’d spent a few quid on film back in the 70s/80s to record some of these firms as there are so many which have disappeared without trace :frowning:

jj72:

marky:

yep that’s the book which had made me think of it in the first place marky, thanks anyway and if anyone does get a flash of inspiration please share it!

wish now i’d spent a few quid on film back in the 70s/80s to record some of these firms as there are so many which have disappeared without trace :frowning:

You could try the Newbury Weekly News for old drivers - www.newburynews.co.uk

jj try this guy nick garlick he advertises photos for sale in the back of trucking magazine 07866 387607 or nlg@fourteen.fsworld.co.uk.hope ya get some joy :laughing:

thanks carl, i know him actually - and by absolutely bizarre co-incidence i got talking to a mate of his last week who has 200 photos :open_mouth: of their trucks which he’s going to copy from his private collection for me :sunglasses: cheers anyway