Driving back in the 1970s

5thwheel:

mushroomman:
Mein Gott Smitty, you would of been a great asset to the chaps in Stalag Luft 3 in 1943. :laughing:
I never actually tried making a German permit with a piece of green cardboard and a potato but which of you had access to a John Bull junior printing outfit. :unamused:
I thought that there might of been somebody still alive who had bought a Continental quilt from another driver for use in their cab so I am a bit reluctant to mention about the Italian guy with the Fiat car and the Italian registration plate who used to stop on Keele Services selling “genuine” Italian style suede jackets for less than half the price. He told me that he was on his way back to Italy after going to a international fashion show at Belle Vue in Manchester and that he had to sell them cheap or declare them at Dover where the customs men would charge him a fortune to export them. The funny thing was when I pulled onto Keele about three weeks later he was still there. :confused:

Regards Steve.

Yep,got suckered into the suedette coat too Steve,that’s a long time ago!!

HA,HA me too bought four as i thought they were a good deal but soon found out when we had a down poor and when it dried out it were like a sheet of marine ply, had to avoid the others i sold on too for ages, cheers Buzzer.

David