Eu referendum whats your vote

From my own post:

Refuse lorries into the UK unless their goods status has been declared electronically in advance. No declaration ticket, no ferry booking. Businesses will be falling over themselves to pre clear their goods once it has departed from the loading point. De Ja Vu! rather than when they arrive at the point of entry. TIR still exists for the non EU countries if they don’t want to play that way.

We did it in the past without the aid of computers, hence the queues in Dover/Pompey/etc. Pre cleared goods Sir? Just a registration check…carry on. Maybe an inspection on a bay…that still happens…a scan in the X-Ray machine…“Tally with the declared goods?”…Carry on…Instant BACS payment when the vehicle gets on the ferry/train or maybe before it gets it’s ticket (as above). No queues in Dover/Pompey/etc or even Ballykissangel. BTW, fruit and veg was exempt taxes anyway wasn’t it. Still had to be declared and cleared (R&G/Coopers/etc) as fast as they could type it out!

Sure there will be the fraudsters in BOTH directions (empty cows from the UK/Belgium??) but technology is hard on their heels. Small beer really. UK VAT fraud on mobile phones, don’t hear much about that but we owe the EU lots of dosh. Criminals will declare Cognac as cabbages from Brittany no doubt so it’s up to Border Force to be up on the game. Gonna be expensive to ship via Eire to get to mainland UK. N.I. does not need a hard border. Random checks, the same as the Kermits and Dagos do, just up the road from the frontier. Don’t see that discussed on the media do you? We know it exists, Joe Public at Large doesn’t. Truth is WE in the UK don’t do the inland random checks, it’s existed for donkeys in mainland Europe hasn’t it?

For what my opinion is worth…