Taking a leak on your wheel,legal or not?

What is the legal position about peeing on your truck wheel.? :open_mouth: :unamused: :blush:

Is it like the vinegar position at all ■■?

Must ask the lads at the workshop/tyre bay, who must love working on such vehicles, about the legalities of smacking the pee’er round the back of the head with a lump hammer… :smiley:

Told this story before, but I had a puncture on the way to the tip once, tyre fitter came out & promptly ■■■■■■ against the flat tyre, then realised that he had to crawl under to put the jack under the axle. Funny as ‘F’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

shirtbox2003:
What is the legal position about peeing on your truck wheel.? :open_mouth: :unamused: :blush:

Depends if your in Oxford Street or a deserted leafy lane in Norfolk & if someone’s watching you [emoji6]
When you gotta go, you’ve gotta go ! [emoji13]

police999.com/forum/index.ph … ic=4884.15

For gods sake,no need to pee outside in public ,now days use a plastic bottle so long as you can get the EYE[of the tiger at the end ]get on.in your cab draw the curtains…
why would it be legal ,no one is legal urinating in a public place…[wind up#]

Not just certain about this but there is supposed to be an unrepealed by law in Kendal which allows carters and others in charge of horse drawn vehicles to “relieve” themselves on the offside of their vehicle,it has to be the offside wheel though as it would frighten the Ladies if it was the nearside (well some of the ladies anyway :wink: ) Not just sure about mechanical driven vehicles though but I suppose a carter couldn’t leave his 'Orse or his team to go for a ■■■■ in private.That’s why I never envied the job of a Plate layer on BR,all that crap dumped at speed on the track :open_mouth: Cheers Bewick.

A lot of the towns this way, plus Hereford City have been closing public toilets. Anyone caught urinating in the street would be able to give the magistrates a good argument about why they were doing it.
Cheers Dave.

hiya you can get away with peeing. you get done for indecent exposure…that,s what happened to a chap
on the M18 broken down for about 3 hours…true
John

I assume then that a “spread axle” is totally out of the question !!!

many years ago i was on a bus in central Paris…“why is he stopping here”? says Mrs GOM. He stopped there to relieve himself on the front wheel, in the middle of Paris. :smiley:

I thought peeing on the front wheel went out with using side lamps in town after dark rather than dip beam .

A Bedford KM was the best for having a ■■■■■, lift the engine flap,drop the back half of the front mudguard, and stand inside with the engine running.
Anyone would think the lorry had a water leak. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

This is really" ■■■■■■■ me off" no not really ,here we go again you will all groan "but"lancashire dialect.

When i first started driving old BMC,cattle truck ,also a AUSTIN, gear box opposite way round,ist 2nd near to you then 3/4/away,[ H] metal floor ,holes through the steering colum, massive holes clutch and brake, they where used as ■■■■ pots,no joke true,so the floor had a nice aroma, however you were always covered and poddling about in ■■■■ and ■■■■ so it did not really matter [much] .

Also BEWICK having had a most varied work record,I crammed a lot in from 15 to 21. not on purpose, it just happened… when i got married i was actually employed as a “Plate Layer”. in the BANBURY AREA the main line from BIRMINGHAM TO ,LONDON,and yes you must know what that involved, i was pretty good as with others with a shovel ,and there where always patterns of paper and excrement spalle -turd for long ways… but we still enjoyed our massive fry ups in the old wooden cabins,The boss of the gang was called a LENGTHMAN, i could write a book on just that job but no one would believe it. no washing or toilet facilities, so i was well versed in being native before i stated on the lorries all before i became 21. a good work grounding before the rest off my life up the road. it is on my marriage cert PLATE LAYER.

ringfur:
Is it like the vinegar position at all ■■?

no thats the vineger stroke :blush: :blush:

I seem to recall that when one of our London bound eight wheeler tipper’s broke down on the M1 Southbound back in the seventies/eighties we sent another lorry with driver and fitter down so that the load could be transhipped by hand shovel’s. The driver, the Late Mick Bailey I think, took a leak on the hard shoulder and got reprimanded for doing so, presumably by the Police, as the women in the Motorway control centre had picked him up on their cameras!

Pete.

deckboypeggy:
This is really" ■■■■■■■ me off" no not really ,here we go again you will all groan "but"lancashire dialect.

When i first started driving old BMC,cattle truck ,also a AUSTIN, gear box opposite way round,ist 2nd near to you then 3/4/away,[ H] metal floor ,holes through the steering colum, massive holes clutch and brake, they where used as ■■■■ pots,no joke true,so the floor had a nice aroma, however you were always covered and poddling about in [zb] and ■■■■ so it did not really matter [much] .

Also BEWICK having had a most varied work record,I crammed a lot in from 15 to 21. not on purpose, it just happened… when i got married i was actually employed as a “Plate Layer”. in the BANBURY AREA the main line from BIRMINGHAM TO ,LONDON,and yes you must know what that involved, i was pretty good as with others with a shovel ,and there where always patterns of paper and excrement spalle -turd for long ways… but we still enjoyed our massive fry ups in the old wooden cabins,The boss of the gang was called a LENGTHMAN, i could write a book on just that job but no one would believe it. no washing or toilet facilities, so i was well versed in being native before i stated on the lorries all before i became 21. a good work grounding before the rest off my life up the road. it is on my marriage cert PLATE LAYER.

my old man was a plate layer too

deckboypeggy:
For gods sake,no need to pee outside in public ,now days use a plastic bottle so long as you can get the EYE[of the tiger at the end ]get on.in your cab draw the curtains…
why would it be legal ,no one is legal urinating in a public place…[wind up#]

what if your in a day cab without curtains?it may look abit dodgy trying to fit your ■■■■ into a water bottle when a double decker bus pulls up alongside!!!

My understanding of the old ‘carriers rights’ law was that you were allowed to urinate on the near side front wheel. I can remember discussing this with a plod many years ago. Not that I was doing it at the time, but many ordinary coppers in the sixties and seventies had a good knowledge of the law.

Mention of the curtains reminds me of an embarrassing incident.On my second trip to the Middle East, I was headed for Doha. The gearbox on the 140 ran a bearing on Bolu and I limped back to the Mocamp and got it in to Aydins. He could easily fix it if he could get the parts - but of course that was a nightmare then, compounded amazingly by the parts not even being available in England.

After 2 weeks a returning Nodag driver took my trailer (you can imagine the paperwork problem, sorted by Taji Kocman) and a Manchester lad stripped down his tilt and loaded the Scania and empty trailer to ship home. We had to take the wheels off the unit and saw the headboard in half to get the height down, then repeated the lights onto my trailer. Every country on the way home charged an ‘over length’ tax.

The owner driver had a mate on board who was a driver, but was unemployed, so had come along for the ride. Luckily the upper bunk had a setting which allowed it to be used as a sort of ‘crew cab’ seat. Which was even luckier when the lad announced that he had offered a lift home to a lass hitching home from Iran after teaching English there for 6 months.

‘Where’s she going to sleep?’ I cried.

‘With me’ he smilingly replied.

Actually none of us got a lot of sleep, he drove 20 hours a day and didn’t trust either myself or the other lad with his truck. Mocamp to Garstang, 4 days.

As we were heading through Yugoslavia, I had him stop and went up into my own cab and slept through the night. In the morning he had already set off again and I was bursting for a pee. Impossible to attract his attention, I got a water bottle. I didn’t pull the curtains round, since I was about 10 feet in the air and out of sight of anyone on the ground. What I hadn’t reckoned on was a set of traffic lights in a village and a Polish tour bus full of middle aged women pulling alongside. The bus was one of those tall ones and the windows were exactly at the height of the Scania.

Since I was now in full flow, I couldn’t do anything but carry on and look away, but from the scenes of hilarity I obviously made their day!

John