Isaac Caswell transport lorry, Atki chassis, F88 cab

The Caswell Special it was called , Atkinson chassis with a Volvo F88 cab. Fitted by George Childs at Caswells yard , Abergavenny. The cab would tilt to check the oil. Has anyone got a photo of it ?

Hiya…another illusive truck, i remember seeing it in Crown cork Southall one day. i was talking to Martin there mechanic
when it drove past the loading bay doors we said together thats no a volvo.so off to the trailer park to inspect. sorry no photo,s
Tideswells at Kingsley stoke on trent slipped a gardner 240 into a blown up F88 thats the same no photographs.you can see
half of the cab in the north staffs hauliers book part one…but its a distant shot.
John

For the two posts put up about the Atki Volvo at Caswells it was built by Frankie Vaughan who was driving the Atkinson when it went up in flames and burnt the cab off. A second hand Volvo cab was bought to go on it . Frankie vaughan spent hours building it along with George child’s who made the cab brackets and locking arms . Frankie built all the inside and out side panels as the cab was quite rusty. The gear stick and range change was also all done by frank who fitted the high and low range button in the place where the Volvo 16 Speed splitter was placed inside the Center of the dash pocket.
I Have photos of her but they need to be made a bit clearer when I have done this I will post a few of them
Regards Ade

marktruckingkelly:
The Caswell Special it was called , Atkinson chassis with a Volvo F88 cab. Fitted by George Childs at Caswells yard , Abergavenny. The cab would tilt to check the oil. Has anyone got a photo of it ?

Brilliant! What age of Atki was it?

I do have a photo somewhere of a 6x4 Atkinson heavy haulage tractor that had had its steel cab replaced by an F88 cab, and the photo was taken somewhere like Turkey - I think it appeared somewhere on Lorrynet a couple of years ago

I remember caswells 88 overtaking it on bath bank sounded funny . There’s an 88 wrecker being auctioned at Malcolm Harrison’s tomorrow with a 290 ■■■■■■■■ in it

rward:
I remember caswells 88 overtaking it on bath bank sounded funny . There’s an 88 wrecker being auctioned at Malcolm Harrison’s tomorrow with a 290 ■■■■■■■■ in it

I wonder if that’s the one that used to belong to Alan Holmes at Haydock

240 Gardner:

rward:

hiya
you may be right there … i know the ■■■■■■■ /volvo was towards that area ive seen it at llandudno show the last 8 years id think.
…the cabs good nut the headlight panels are own made…you can get that panel in glass fibre now.

3300John:

240 Gardner:

rward:

hiya
you may be right there … i know the ■■■■■■■ /volvo was towards that area ive seen it at llandudno show the last 8 years id think.
…the cabs good nut the headlight panels are own made…you can get that panel in glass fibre now.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it used to roost in Appley Bridge…

marky:

3300John:

240 Gardner:

rward:

hiya

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it used to roost in Appley Bridge…

I used to deliver in to same yard it stood some time before getting resurrected ,it’s got the turbo on the end .