Hauliers around the Ashton in Makerfield area

Hiya Barry, how are things with you mate, and when are you having a ride up to the yard? I was telling Alan that you called in a while back. He said he was sorry to have missed you. I was up there myself the other day as a matter of fact, fannying about with an old push bike of Alan’s of all things.

Jack Crompton, Bill’s brother in law died a while back, as did his wife Flo. I don’t remember the exact years, but it has to be at least ten years ago, possibly a lot longer. Bill’s long gone obviously.

I went to George Bryan, the mechanic’s funeral. Tommy Austin, the guy that used to park his T.K. Bedford on the yard, he died. So did Ernie Morris who used to subby for Smith of Eccles.

Jimmy Horsfield who used to look after Bill’s cars died years ago. Fred that used to run the garage on the front, ( you probably never knew Fred ), he died a few years back. Alan’s wife passed away about two years ago.

They’re all gone mate, there’s only me, thee and Alan left. Best get up to t’ yard while t’ going’s good pal, and don’t forget to bring a few photos wi’ thi’ to stick on here.

All the best for now Barry.