Shipping out of and into Poole

geoff luther:

scan142m:
unfortunately not a lot of old photos in the 1960/70 not many of us had cameras we wernt realy intrested in the places we passed only the destination
and lots of times the destination was only a dot on a map of sorts
the youngsters make me laugh saying did you go through so and so naming all the war torn places now my answer well i must have ,but can’t remember all the dots having names i just renember that it was all an adventure .and i loved it
i started trucking in 71 out of tel aviv i had a friend there with transport contacts and he initated my driving experiance
meeting english guys on the road to the north i met a guy called mike furnell somewhere in turkey hauling back dumped tractor units from somewhere in the desert his dad had a breakdown truck firm here i seem to remember
after 6 months driving all europe and iron curtain places i came back to the uk and had to pass a test
i got given a licence in palestine but it aparently was a fake but them was the days who cared about a bit of paper

i remember a chap from euroking ted catains he was an old time tramper just enough room for himself in the cab with all his gear filling the cab of the saviem
do you remenber ken oak paul candy his wife is still mates with my misses or peter randle phills brother just names from the past sppeak again soon T

Hi Terry yes I Knew all the names that you have mentioned from way back when.I remember Barry and Del from when I drove for Reg Bugler,I worked with Dave Spinneys dad Pete when I started doing continental work on E.F.Phillips back in 78.I knew Mike Furnell from when I started as an O/D pulling for Phill Horridge I had my second unit sprayed in Mike’s fathers yard at Upton.Paul Candy came from Wareham I think he also had dealings with Reg Bugler.Phill Randle always seemed to have a cheroot on the go or maybe a cigar,I didn’t know his brother.The chap on for Euroking,Ted did he have white hair and moustache ?Ken Oak used to pull for Interoute and talk to him on FB.Thanks for adding the pics and remenicing.Cheers Geoff

no ted lived near pimperne another taymix refugee like me he had dark hair and wasna but chubby another driver was martin from area not sure if he was a subby or worked direct for euroking
euroking was owned by ascot garages and folded after i finished working for them (just some usless info)
i remember phil randles brother peter lived in france and worked for panlapena (another old name)
i dont use face book but if you speak to budgie remember me to him also jill sends her regards i remember him when he worked the dairy at upton tamplins as a milkman driving a thames 15cwt milk float thats got to be 55 years ago wow are we that old