Shipping out of and into Poole

geoff luther:

toby1234abc:
Had the pleasure of meeting Merve the Swerve, what a character and positive outlook on life.
He once told me he turned over a truck and got hit on the head with wheel brace and bottle jacks that were stored in the passenger side.
Think he was from Bath.

Hi Toby you are right Merv does live in Bath and he is still much the same as he was all those years ago.
A few of us Poole old boys went to see him before Christmas and had a meal with him and presented him with an engraved Mantel clock and Barometer to remember us and the times we all had back in the day.
He is now 83 and hasn’t changed hardly at all.The next time I phone him I will tell him that you and Baldric send your regards.All the Best Geoff.

I seem to remember Merv repeated his “falling off the edge of the road” trick on 2 successive New Year Eves? Or is that just a story exaggerated over the years? The episodes were said to have happened after dinner in The Vigilana Restaurant? Apologies if I`m guilty of maligning a fine upstanding member of the trucking community.