ERF trailers

ERF-Continental:
Thanks to Robert1952 nowadays known as Mr NGC :slight_smile:

I am curious on documents and advertisements on ERF-trailers or was it a thing that loyal ERF-chassis-customers
also bought their trailers from ERF Ltd?

The O/D, John Ion, from Milnthorpe I mentioned in a much earlier post got ERF to build him a “bespoke” 31’ 6" tandem trailer which he got with his new LV unit in the mid 60’s IIRC. I reckon he ran it for about 10/11 years until his main customer Cape Boards ( Asbestos) forced him to buy a 40ft trailer which he then parked at our depot. Again in around ‘82 IIRC he bought a new 40 ft Curtainsider but it only had a 6’ 6" aperture as this was all he needed for his Cape traffic. I bought his C/F flat which IIRC became our fleet No 89 and was the last tandem axle flat to join the trailer fleet from then on we moved heavily into new tri axle flats first with 3 new C/F’s and thereafter many many TASK tri axle flats as well as many TASK chassis partially finished to accept the Boalloy Tautliner body. When John Ion finally retired he struggled to sell his “low” Curtainsider but I did buy his B Series 8LXB unit from him as I had bought his previous A Series 8LXB in around '79 IIRC. Happy days ! Cheers Bewick.