LHD Bedford TMs

These were offered with at least two engines, from Detroit and ■■■■■■■■ Let’s start with the famous ‘Italian spec’ version with the Detroit 400 and 9-speed Fuller 'box. Robert

continued…

Then there was the rest… Perhaps someone can help to fill in some details. Robert

Bedford TM.jpeg

bedford02LHD.jpg

Note that the Dutch one in the first picture has the narrow cab.

Dutch LHD TM.jpg
Fullscreen capture 10282013 121451 PM.jpg.jpg
Fullscreen capture 11262013 10217 PM.jpg.jpg

img047.jpg

LHD Bedford TM France.jpg
S25C409012712160_0010-vi.jpg

These were Brits on Middle-East work:

Bedford TM.jpeg

7889385796_a2fdc40e13_z.jpg

S25C409012712160_0008-vi.jpg
photos_bedford_tm_1978_1_b.jpg

I believe Peter Davies himself is at the wheel of this one…

Then there was the Long-Haul ‘special’ cab pack:

Can anyone identify any ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ units among the pictures of LHD TMs above? Robert :question:

Nice, but as often very promotional to show off how they see the future, I very much doubt if
mother GMC did allow a lot of ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ with own 2-cycle DD in the stables, but in all
fairness without a reliable service network as well

ERF-Continental:
Nice, but as often very promotional to show off how they see the future, I very much doubt if
mother GMC did allow a lot of ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ with own 2-cycle DD in the stables, but in all
fairness without a reliable service network as well

In the UK, later TMs had the ■■■■■■■ L10 290, but maybe there was little or no take-up of this option for European export models for the reason you suggest. Robert

robert1952:
Then there was the rest… Perhaps someone can help to fill in some details. Robert
The purple and white Bedfords were ones i posted what would you like to know about them

Robert 1952, re the purple and white Bedfords, Marathon and Seddon Atkinson, i posted the photos on another topic, what would you like to know about the motors

Carryfast:

robert1952:

Believe it or not it was possible to order the 13 speed fuller in the 4400 which was essential considering the engine speed critical characteristics of the Detroit engine.In which case getting that figure from it,despite it being lumbered with the obviously ridiculous standard fit 9 speed,seems to confirm the unjustified excessive criticism of Detroit fuel consumption v its competition in the day.

Interesting point! Robert

JOHNXL70:
Robert 1952, re the purple and white Bedfords, Marathon and Seddon Atkinson, i posted the photos on another topic, what would you like to know about the motors

Cheers John! Can you remember the engine and gearboxes of the TMs? Robert

robert1952:

JOHNXL70:

Cheers John! Can you remember the engine and gearboxes of the TMs? Robert

Hi Robert, at the time i took the photo of the 4 of us they both had V8 Detroit engines with Spicer box, the one in the for ground was a right hand drive, later on it had a ■■■■■■■ engine fitted, might have been a 250, still with the Spicer box. I drove the Marathon and only drove the Bedfords on rare occasions