Gaydon - a grand day out!

thought i’d put it on this forum rather than the PDF, to remind everyone that the classic commercial rally and model show is on saturday 11th and sunday 12th at the heritage motor museum, off j.12 on the M40 - plenty to do and see, well worth the journey (in my humble opinion anyway :sunglasses: )

post a reply if you’re going to take a look this year?

jj72:
thought i’d put it on this forum rather than the PDF, to remind everyone that the classic commercial rally and model show is on saturday 11th and sunday 12th at the heritage motor museum, off j.12 on the M40 - plenty to do and see, well worth the journey (in my humble opinion anyway :sunglasses: )

Yes, I shall be there, and taking my splendidly disreputable Atkinson with me

Myself and Teacake will be there.

We’re looking forward to seeing JRN - without the plume of smoke this year if you don’t mind…

D’you think we’ll have enough for a club meeting?

marky:
Myself and Teacake will be there.

We’re looking forward to seeing JRN - without the plume of smoke this year if you don’t mind…

D’you think we’ll have enough for a club meeting?

The plume of smoke is mandatory! It’s JRN we’re talking about, not Ethel!!

A good start for a club meeting too, I should think!

I wonder if any notable ex-members will be in attendance??

I read about this show in one of the mags last year and it looks an interesting one.Does anyone know the opening times/prices etc?

Saturday and Sunday - 11 & 12 June. The gates open at 9.00am and it’s £8.00 to get in.

Thanks Mark.I’ll try and get there if I’m not working.

marky:

Indeed!!

240 Gardner:

marky:

Indeed!!

oh dear, hope there’s not going to be any handbags :wink: only thing that is missing though is a decent butty van - either crappy “fairground” burgers or the packed and expensive canteen! :unamused:

jj72:

240 Gardner:

marky:

Indeed!!

oh dear, hope there’s not going to be any handbags :wink: only thing that is missing though is a decent butty van - either crappy “fairground” burgers or the packed and expensive canteen! :unamused:

Ah well, I shall be self-catering (well, Mrs. 240’s efforts actually) and I’m not sure how I can carry it all running bobtail!

You had some crisps in your wicker hamper last year that I’d never seen before or since. What were they made from? (and before any smart-alec says POTATOES - they weren’t, it was something else…)

I reckon I might be having a look, although the temptations of the Merrie Lion in Fenny Compton may be greater :stuck_out_tongue:

If the weather is decent I will have a ride down on my bike (motor)

marky:
You had some crisps in your wicker hamper last year that I’d never seen before or since. What were they made from? (and before any smart-alec says POTATOES - they weren’t, it was something else…)

They were, in fact, “Parsnip Chips” from Tyrells of Leominster - available locally in Waitrose. Scrummy!
Do I need to buy some more for you??

Ooer, :stuck_out_tongue: is it all straw boaters and wicker baskets?

Parsnip Chips :open_mouth: so very common :stuck_out_tongue:

It was sarcasm - he had a bag of parsnip crisps with som ham butties in a carrier bag…

marky:
It was sarcasm - he had a bag of parsnip crisps with som ham butties in a carrier bag…

Somehow couldn’t see there being a wicker basket involved! Just doesn’t go with the image of an Atki driver!

jj72:

And indeed it was a grand day out!

Lots of nice lorries, some ridiculously shiny ones and some that arrived, sadly, on transporters. Coming up the M40 past Banbury in the morning, I passed a Bedford O Type artic with Scammell coupling battling up the road. A real hero, forging ahead at about 35 mph! And he’d already come from Ampthill by then.

240 Gardner:
And indeed it was a grand day out!

I’ll second that! (And I have 200 photos to prove it!)

I think I’ll definately take the Atki next year and make a weekend of it.

yep another great event although weather was a tad cold for shorts :frowning: but they did have a HUGE guinness stall :smiley: but i was driving so couldn’t take advantage of it :cry: