V.d. Vlist heavy haulage

Hiya,

I’ve been a member for about a week now, and I must say, I’ve came across some cracking pics :smiley:
Esspecially the ones from the '80’s en 90’s era 'cause that takes me back to my own childhood, running along with my dad in his Scania 112h and later on a Volvo F12, those were the days…
And let’s not forget the pics of the mighty ERF’s, Foden’s and Scammells, never saw those much abroad…

However, I’m a lorry driver myself for about 10 odd years know, and I’ve been working most of that time for dutch heavy haulier v.d. Vlist and I was just wondering if any body has got some pics of v.d. Vlist doing transports in the U.K.

Here are some pics of transports I’ve done myself.

Regards, Patrick

S5030894.JPG

S5030790.JPG

S5030721.JPG

S5030764.JPG

Hi Patrik and welcome :smiley: some great pics there! Cant help with your recuest,im from Sweden. But im sure some one will have some pics!

Reg Danne

Dirty Dan:
Hi Patrik and welcome :smiley: some great pics there! Cant help with your recuest,im from Sweden. But im sure some one will have some pics!

Reg Danne

Hiya Danne,

Many thanks for the welcome mate :sunglasses:.
I’m a patient man (helps doing this kind of labour :smiley: ) so I will just wait and see what comes up.
And I will post some pics in the following days, should be enough heavy haulage fans here I imagine…

Patrick

Hi! Yeah i Know what you mean about patient,im a heavyhauler my self :smiley:

Reg Danne

image.jpg

Dirty Dan:
Hi! Yeah i Know what you mean about patient,im a heavyhauler my self :smiley:

Reg Danne

Yes this is what I was after Danne :smiley: , cracking lorry you’ve got there mate and I never seen a chassis that long over here:lol: Maybe I should change the topic into; just post all your heavy haulage pics here :stuck_out_tongue:
What’s the brand of the trailer, doesn’t look familiar to me :question:
Ooh and here are some more pics!

Patrick

S5030923.JPG

S5030920.JPG

S5030922.JPG

S5030897.JPG

S5030896.JPG

Patrick and Dan there is a few heavy haulage threads on here but new pictures and view points are most welcome as there is a few retired HH drivers on the site as well as some younger ones ( Rikki ) :smiley:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

sammyopisite:
Patrick and Dan there is a few heavy haulage threads on here but new pictures and view points are most welcome as there is a few retired HH drivers on the site as well as some younger ones ( Rikki ) :smiley:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Hiya Johnnie,

I just might missed the ungoing threads about heavy haulage I’m afraid :blush:
But shall we continue here then with some more pics?
From the older days :smiley:

db_HY-1-33__KONYA_101__VERLADEN_HW__11_881.jpg

A good thread coming here I think Patrick. Is it true that you couldn’t work sundays as you were supposed to be in church? I heard stories/rumours that drivers were routinely flown back home from far and wide for the weekend although not the Belgians or Holtrop from the north. Very strange indeed. Anyway, any more photos please?

Hi Patrik! Some really good pic there! Keep them coming :smiley: Well about my wheelbase,Its a Swedish thing…
To get full weight and full speed both With permits and with out permits i have to be that long,I really would like to short unit like you guys. The trailer is Norweigan from the company VANG we have two four axl and one five axl and one new five axl coming in early 2015. And all from VANG. I like them they are not so heavy and easy to work With and thats always good :smiley:

Reg Danne

Fabulous outfit v d v Great Pics

short walk:
A good thread coming here I think Patrick. Is it true that you couldn’t work sundays as you were supposed to be in church? I heard stories/rumours that drivers were routinely flown back home from far and wide for the weekend although not the Belgians or Holtrop from the north. Very strange indeed. Anyway, any more photos please?

Those rumours are true, the bosses are christian so all personal aren’t aloud to work on sundays, I myself thought that it was a bit strange at first but you get used to it, and sunny side of it is that you don’t have to begin at monday mornings 0.05h, 'cause in my humble opinion that’s still sunday…
We used to be on the job for two weeks or longer, and after those two weeks you always had the change to get back home for the weekend, by all means, but some collegues preffered to stay out (mostly the ones without a family) and would be en route two to six weeks.
I don’t know how it used to be for the belgian collegues 'cause they had their own manegement (at first it was Cheron based near Antwerpen, later on it became v.d. Vlist Belgium based in Zeebrugge), however the belgium depot closed a few years ago, and some of those drivers are working in Holland now.
Same goes for Holtrop, they’ve got the same colours but an all different working style…

Patrick

Dirty Dan:
Hi Patrik! Some really good pic there! Keep them coming :smiley: Well about my wheelbase,Its a Swedish thing…
To get full weight and full speed both With permits and with out permits i have to be that long,I really would like to short unit like you guys. The trailer is Norweigan from the company VANG we have two four axl and one five axl and one new five axl coming in early 2015. And all from VANG. I like them they are not so heavy and easy to work With and thats always good :smiley:

Reg Danne

Hiya Danne
I’m glad that you appreciate those pics, I’ve got more coming mate :smiley:
I must honestly say that I’ve never heard of VANG before, does look smart though, what does the combination weigh then when empty?
And what’s the maximum load you can have? I apoligise for all those questions Danne, I’m just curious :sunglasses:

Patrick

MIKE P:
Fabulous outfit v d v Great Pics

Thank you very much indeed sir, shall I just continue with posting pics then :sunglasses:

Ready for round three :laughing:

038.JPG

041.JPG

042.JPG

037.JPG

014.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Reg Danne

Hiya Danne
I must honestly say that I’ve never heard of VANG before, does look smart though, what does the combination weigh then when empty?
And what’s the maximum load you can have? I apoligise for all those questions Danne, I’m just curious :sunglasses:

Patrick

Hi again :smiley:
The weight empty is 30000kg-31000kg and maximum load about 65000 but we try to be so tough we the old girl now days :sunglasses: well try any Way did the Volvo L350 and Its about 60000kg last week so…
How did the Daf perform as a heavyhuling truck? Must say we are really happy with the Volvo.
And again great pics! Nice to see :smiley:
And here is a pic of our “big boy” 35000kg empty and about 82000kg max load…

Danne

image.jpg

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Reg Danne

Hiya Danne

Patrick

The weight empty is 30000kg-31000kg and maximum load about 65000 but we try to be so tough we the old girl now days :sunglasses: well try any Way did the Volvo L350 and Its about 60000kg last week so…
How did the Daf perform as a heavyhuling truck? Must say we are really happy with the Volvo.

Danne

That’s quite light for such a combination :open_mouth: , we’ve got some 4 axled tractors (or 8 wheelers as they are called in the U.K. :smiley: ) coupled to a 4 axled low loader (Nooteboom) and they are around 35 tonnes empty, the other ones are coupled to a 3 axled Nooteboom with the pendle axles and they are even 38 tonnes empty…
I already thougt that that L350 was a quite massive load, normally it’s being hauled on a 2 floor 4 combination, but that’s due to the permits, got a pic of it somewhere.
Smart looking Scania by the way, does it have a normal (manuel) gearbox? The Volvo is equipt with the i-shift I presume?
The Daf did allright, wasn’t the most powerfull truck in the fleet (480hp) but did the job :smiley: , started with a Scania 420 and I wasn’t a big fan of the Daf’s, but to be honest with you, I sure would like to have a Daf right now, the cab itself was just perfect, enough storage space and a decent bunk! And a proper manuel gearbox, non of that as-tronic or what have you ■■■■■■■■!

Patrick

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Reg Danne

Hiya Danne

Patrick

Danne

That’s quite light for such a combination :open_mouth: , we’ve got some 4 axled tractors (or 8 wheelers as they are called in the U.K. :smiley: ) coupled to a 4 axled low loader (Nooteboom) and they are around 35 tonnes empty, the other ones are coupled to a 3 axled Nooteboom with the pendle axles and they are even 38 tonnes empty…
I already thougt that that L350 was a quite massive load, normally it’s being hauled on a 2 floor 4 combination, but that’s due to the permits, got a pic of it somewhere.
Smart looking Scania by the way, does it have a normal (manuel) gearbox? The Volvo is equipt with the i-shift I presume?
The Daf did allright, wasn’t the most powerfull truck in the fleet (480hp) but did the job :smiley: , started with a Scania 420 and I wasn’t a big fan of the Daf’s, but to be honest with you, I sure would like to have a Daf right now, the cab itself was just perfect, enough storage space and a decent bunk! And a proper manuel gearbox, non of that as-tronic or what have you ■■■■■■■■!

Patrick

Hi! In my Volvo Its a manual and the same in the Scania to. But in the FH660 Its ishift works good i must say.
Well my old girl is soon gone and my new Toy is coming some were around new year some that Will be nice :smiley:
This is the sides on the VANG trailer al hydraulic from 260 to 310 works great!!

Danne

image.jpg

Yeah, those hydraulic adjusters, that’s something that should be a standard on all low loaders I reckon Danne, saves your back at the end of the day :smiley:
I’ve driven a couple of times with that i-shift, and your right, that does work quite well, point is though, I can’t understand why only Volvo is capable of making a good automatic gearbox, ever driven a Daf or Man automatic? They’re both got a ZF box, only the software is different I was once told, but both are a horror to drive. That new opticruise in the new Scania works good as well, it’s nearly as good as the i-shift.

Oh well, time to end the tech talk and get back to some new pics :laughing:

086.JPG

078.JPG

072.JPG

070.JPG

069.JPG

058.JPG

Hi yes i have tested both daf and man the auto was crap… Optiqruise is ok,but i got to pick what truck i wanted so i picked the volvo just for the ishift.
How mutch did the daf and trailer weight empty? And how mutch could you load?
Some really good pic there to,do you go al over europe?

Dirty Dan:
Hi yes i have tested both daf and man the auto was crap… Optiqruise is ok,but i got to pick what truck i wanted so i picked the volvo just for the ishift.
How mutch did the daf and trailer weight empty? And how mutch could you load?
Some really good pic there to,do you go al over europe?

Cheers for that compliment mate :smiley:
The empty weight was about 28t, and the (official) max.load was 50t, this was due to the german and french permit 'cause they aloud a max.total weight of 78t
Technically the max. weight for the trailer was 60t, heaviest piece I’ve loaded was about 55t, and for the trailer (dutch marque Floor) that wasn’t a problem but is was quite a struggle for the old Daf :wink:

I used to go to all parts of europe, but due to the crisis the main focus nowadays is France, Germany, Switserland and the U.K. We only go further away for special projects. I’ve done quite a lot of trips to Spain and Portugal, but I’ve been up to Sweden and Norway as well. First trip I’ve done was to Romania, and honoustly, that’s a trip I will never forget, I’ve never been there since… Quite a different world there…