A1 transport,leeds

Hi Jack, Sorrry! I have managed at last, to get my photo’s onto “photobucket” but what I want to do, is put everybody;s name on the photo, so other people can identify themselves!!! Stuart Broughton is coming over to my house, next week to help me out as there are a lot of people I can’t name.
Have a fantastic holiday in the USA. If you are anywhere near Charleston, South Carolina. let me know, and I will give you my sisters address. (she’s lonely and similar age to you!!!) I skype her every w/e, so can give her plenty time to getr out of town?!

Sorry the pics wont be on the web, before you set off.

Stuart

Jack Graham:
Wow!, where have you all gone, dont tell me you’ve all given up on the website, I’m off to the US next Tuesday for a month, Ive arranged to see John Robinson who contacted us through the website who now lives in Florida, I’m hopping to send info from him via my sister’s computer so you can keep up on the gossip, I’ve sent him some photo’s of ours from the website, and hope to fill him in with what happened to A one after he left, remember he said he was related to JMR, but lost contact since moving away, so what about it have you all gone to sleep, or should we have a reunion every weekend just to keep in contact. :confused: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :smiling_imp: :laughing: Regards :-Jack.[/quote

Hi guys, Yes it will be nice to see you Jack, I am looking forward to meeting you. I wonder if any of you remember my dad who worked there from the begining, His name was Terence P ( Terry) Robinson and my Older brother also called Terry who passed away when he was 39 back in 1985. I am the youngest of our family, lol! 53 now! My dad’s last job was in glasgow working for JMR as a watchman at some place there, not sure though. He used to tell me stories about hauling coal for Jack and his good friend was called Jordan and someone called O’boyle. Also how JMR would give him money every week to take to the bank to have him deposit it into his account. JMR"s account that is! Unfortunatly dad passed away in 1980 and also ended up at Lawnswood cemetary. I was there for his funeral and that was the last time I saw uncle Jack.

DRY GINGER:
Hi Jack, Sorrry! I have managed at last, to get my photo’s onto “photobucket” but what I want to do, is put everybody;s name on the photo, so other people can identify themselves!!! Stuart Broughton is coming over to my house, next week to help me out as there are a lot of people I can’t name.
Have a fantastic holiday in the USA. If you are anywhere near Charleston, South Carolina. let me know, and I will give you my sisters address. (she’s lonely and similar age to you!!!) I skype her every w/e, so can give her plenty time to getr out of town?!

Sorry the pics wont be on the web, before you set off.

Stuart

If you send me her contact “email and number Etc” I’ll give her a call, but I wont have enough time to go all the way to South Carolina, because I’m doing a trip to Valdosta Georgia, and a trip to St Petersburg Florida, to see our pall John Robinson and also calling at Clearwater to see a pall of mine, but I’ll definitely give her a call. Regards :-Jack

robinson7131@msn.com:

Jack Graham:
Wow!, where have you all gone, dont tell me you’ve all given up on the website, I’m off to the US next Tuesday for a month, Ive arranged to see John Robinson who contacted us through the website who now lives in Florida, I’m hopping to send info from him via my sister’s computer so you can keep up on the gossip, I’ve sent him some photo’s of ours from the website, and hope to fill him in with what happened to A one after he left, remember he said he was related to JMR, but lost contact since moving away, so what about it have you all gone to sleep, or should we have a reunion every weekend just to keep in contact. :confused: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :smiling_imp: :laughing: Regards :-Jack.
[/quote

Hi guys, Yes it will be nice to see you Jack, I am looking forward to meeting you. I wonder if any of you remember my dad who worked there from the begining, His name was Terence P ( Terry) Robinson and my Older brother also called Terry who passed away when he was 39 back in 1985. I am the youngest of our family, lol! 53 now! My dad’s last job was in glasgow working for JMR as a watchman at some place there, not sure though. He used to tell me stories about hauling coal for Jack and his good friend was called Jordan and someone called O’boyle. Also how JMR would give him money every week to take to the bank to have him deposit it into his account. JMR"s account that is! Unfortunatly dad passed away in 1980 and also ended up at Lawnswood cemetary. I was there for his funeral and that was the last time I saw uncle Jack.

Hi John,if your dad was on the coal job look at page 7,he will have worked with my dad and uncle,the names you have talked about i had heard my dad talk about them also,mick jorden and martin o,boyle :wink: keith

Hi Jack,have a good holiday,i think its 1st Nov when you go,my birthday :cry: 51 this time.when you come back i will be back in Thailand :smiley: :wink: koh samui for 10 nights and back to Bangkok 4 nights ,i hope the weather is better by then,floods now as you see on the news.hot girls and cold beer,i go on the 27 Nov can not wait.Keith

keith 2:
Hi Jack,have a good holiday,i think its 1st Nov when you go,my birthday :cry: 51 this time.when you come back i will be back in Thailand :smiley: :wink: koh samui for 10 nights and back to Bangkok 4 nights ,i hope the weather is better by then,floods now as you see on the news.hot girls and cold beer,i go on the 27 Nov can not wait.Keith

You have a good one too Kieth, how do they understand Yorkshire in Thailand, I know they often have problems understanding me in the US, and they speak English there. :wink: :confused: :-Jack.

Well what a surprise, I’ve been here for two weeks and no-one has been on the website, I have mannaged to contact John Robinson and arranged to see him this next weekend, hopefully down at St Petersburg south of Clearwater Florida, he sounds to be very cheerfull and looking forward to meeting up, it’s not surprising realy and makes you realise how small the world is, when you can see folks so far away from home, being a regular visitor I have many friends and some from home, so just keep looking and I’ll let you know how it went.:-Jack. :smiley: :wink:

Jack Graham:
Well what a surprise, I’ve been here for two weeks and no-one has been on the website, I have mannaged to contact John Robinson and arranged to see him this next weekend, hopefully down at St Petersburg south of Clearwater Florida, he sounds to be very cheerfull and looking forward to meeting up, it’s not surprising realy and makes you realise how small the world is, when you can see folks so far away from home, being a regular visitor I have many friends and some from home, so just keep looking and I’ll let you know how it went.:-Jack. :smiley: :wink:

hiya,
Just a daft add on to this fine thread, but many moons ago when holidaying in Orlando the “fly/drive thingy” and when waiting in one of the queues in Disneyland came across Geoff Cook son of Siddle C Cook and the then MD of Ellldis transport just time for a quick word when passing told him I’d have to stop another week couldn’t get nowt back, like you say Jack it’s a small world.
thanks harry long retired.

To Harry Gill, how right you are, I learned when I was diving all over Europe, you would meet guy’s going to the Middle East, via Austria, Yougoslavia, Hungary, Etc, drive together for a few days, then never meet for a couple of years, it’s a life normal folks dont know about, because there life is programed with factory life and know nothing of what go’es on with the folks involved in transtort, we all had to make the best of it we could, it was’nt all fun, lots of it was hard work as we all know, but it was worth it when you came home with the money, and we always had pleanty to talk about.
Last weekend I was watching the finnals in the US drag racing championship’s, I meat a guy from the UK who said, “Hi Jack”,
my reply was I dont remember you, but he recognised me from racing at Elvington in 1990, and it was only when he quoted a couple of things that happened at that time I remembered him, as you say it’s a very small world we live in today, and tomorrow I will going to St Petersburge Florida to meet John Robonson and have a meal on Saterday he is related to JMR and actualy worked for A1 many years ago, it sure is a small world, “I just hope I can recognise him” when he turn’s up.
I will make a report later and let you all know how it went, and I’m sure it will be good. :-Jack :wink: :laughing: :smiley:

Well guy’s, I did meet up with John Robinson in Florida last Saterday, we met in St Petersburg south of Tampa, he came to the hotel I was in for the weekend, and what a pleasure it was to see him and his wife, we had a good old natter for a couple of hours about everything, and we also had a meal together,JMR was his uncle, although he didnt work for A One for long about 18 months, he did remember Harold who he lived with for a short time, and also he remembers Keith Wilkinson, he said he’s about the same age, sorry Keith but you must be about 50 now, but if you want to contact him I’m sure you can make contact on Trucknet UK, since that’s how he made contact in the first place, he had been logging on the internet to find info about what had been going on with A One since he left many years ago, I have also a couple of photo’s I will put on when I get chance, may-be you will agree with me that he has the Robinson look, and what a great bloke he is, he spent 20 years driving in Germany after leaving the UK and has been driving in the US for over 10 years, sorry but I have to finnish my holiday and have another 9 days to go, and I’m wondering which shorts to put on today :wink: :smiley: Regards :-Jack

Is it just me or have you all got tired of trucknet, I’m looking from the US and appear to be talkig to myself, do you think I should wait until I come home, or stop here where it’s warmer.■■? :neutral_face: :wink: :grimacing: :-Jack.

stay thear jack but send me a bloody ticket cos its bloody freezing hear will bring extra cash and fly on to thiland for a bit of nooki and some good thi grub ■■? what di you think ■■ nice thought though :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

stuart broughton:
stay thear jack but send me a bloody ticket cos its bloody freezing hear will bring extra cash and fly on to thiland for a bit of nooki and some good thi grub ■■? what di you think ■■ nice thought though :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

I have a better idea Stuart, you just send me the money and I’ll stay here, it’s not as cheep as it used to be over here, but it’s warmer than home. :-Jack :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Jack, glad you are having such a good time. Here are the reunion photos AT LAST. Sorry I havn’t put everybodies name against the ohotos.cBut I didn’t know all.

Well there you go!!! :blush: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Stuart, the pictures are great, so many memories and so many tales to tell.
There may not have been as many there this year as last year, but the ones who missed it were the ones who missed out, there’s not one misserabe face there, which speaks for it’self, a great bunch of guy’s who spent so much time working together for a long time, they are memories to be treasured.
Hopefully we can get more there to make it even better, all we have to do is do it all again next year.
Lot’s of luck to you all, and see you all next year. :-Jack. :smiley: :laughing: :grimacing:

I recognise Ian in the Harley t shirt , now at Christeyns (Oils and Soaps)

The last photo with Billy and Dave, looks like an old soldiers reunion, two great guy’s, I also wish Billy the best when he has his knee surgery, Dave had his done years ago, and still has a wobble when he walks.
:-Jack. :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

seeing your all quite i think i will be first to wish you all a very merry christmas & a happy new year i am now thinking about the time on new years eve i spent looking over dubrovnick seeing all the fire works and all the cruies ships having a great time and me with one bottle of whisky to sup all on me own then next day onward to belethi to spend 3 days wating to tip cos willkinson cond me to set off from home to get the last yogo permitt stamped before the new year merry xmas every on sweet memorys

Well well well, and here’s me thinking you’d all left Trucknet UK, and a merry Christmas to you too Stuart your wife and all you family.
And I will join you in wishing everyone from A One including all Sub contractors, a very happy Christmas and a very happy new year.
I also wish everyone reading the comments of Trucknet UK a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, where ever they may be and which ever company they worked for, because when you think about the work we did, there are so many drivers from all over the world who made many friends because of the job.
What a reunion that would be, to have one for all ex drivers from the UK from all the other companies instead of just A One, “think about it”. Jack :wink: :slight_smile: :confused: :laughing:

great idea jack dont think theres anywhere with enough beer or space for it though :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: