Lorries with 13-speed Fuller Roadranger 'boxes

Morning chaps! The 'Lorries with 9-speed Fuller Roadranger ‘boxes’ thread has proved to be more poplar than I had anticipated, but it has also revealed an enormous amount of respect and affection among bloggers for the 13-speed version, many of whom would argue that it was the best 'box of the lot.

So I declare this thread open in the hopes that we can once again attempt to match known 13-speed installations with actual pictures of the ‘host’ vehicles. As always, I will start by throwing in a few pictures of known units with F13s to get the juices going! Robert :smiley:

DAF 2600 DKB with Fuller 13.jpg

PS2-thumb-385x484-110495.jpg

13 fuller EC.jpg
13 fuller.jpg

These '81 FIAT’s did , lovely motor to drive i always thought , niggly problems like starter motors failing , wiper motors failing , diesel tanks splitting, drivers seat coming out of the runners and electrical loom burning out , tended to spoil them a bit. oh and put the cab back down and get the gearstick and cab lock in the wrong order and you ended up with no gears at all and usually in the most inconvenient place on the road.

Cheers Tonyj105! Here’s the one you posted on the other thread! Robert :slight_smile:

RHD Fiat 170F26  with 13 speed Fuller.jpg

197Foden270-03_.jpg

500 6x4 13 speed Fuller.jpg
4476-benne-tracteur-19-321 Fuller box.jpg
66907e60.jpg

5845150214_d4bfb7e64a.jpg
aac483-thumb-448x299-117342.jpg
CAT400 F13 1990 6x4.jpg
Chris_Transcontinental_600.jpg

ERF B fuller 13.jpg

F8 19 280 LHD Fuller.jpg
F8 280 LHD Fuller interior.jpg
F8 321 with Fuller and LHD.jpg

Foden full size 1.jpg
Fridfod.jpg

Or was that Eurotech above Australian? Just noticed the roo-bar style! Robert

Fullscreen capture 11212013 12926 PM.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 11212013 12943 PM.bmp.jpg

robert1952:

Morning chaps! The 'Lorries with 9-speed Fuller Roadranger ‘boxes’ thread has proved to be more poplar than I had anticipated, but it has also revealed an enormous amount of respect and affection among bloggers for the 13-speed version, many of whom would argue that it was the best 'box of the lot.

So I declare this thread open in the hopes that we can once again attempt to match known 13-speed installations with actual pictures of the ‘host’ vehicles. As always, I will start by throwing in a few pictures of known units with F13s to get the juices going! Robert :smiley:

Well Robert, we all now know where your perversions lie…

The Daf in your initial post was owned and run for many a year by Alan Johnson, a very good friend and customer of mine, It was i who painted it in the colours seen in your pic’s.

Somewhere deep in my puddled memory i seem to recall Davie Jamieson buying it from Alan and running it himself for a while, i’m sure he will pipe up soon and confirm such or come up with the correct tale…

Steve…

img078.jpg

Here is a LHD Transcon with a 13-speed Fuller. It belonged to the late Billy King. I sat in the driving seat of it many times, parked up in Tangiers port clutching a glass of wine and putting the world to rights with Billy, bless him. Robert

Fullscreen capture 12122013 83722 AM.bmp.jpg

No photo, I’m afraid, but the only time I ever drove a 13-speed Fuller was in a Bedford TM - this was probably 1983 or thereabouts, and the motor was a factory demonstrator which was on loan to Salford Van Hire. It’s a long time ago now, but I think it had an E290 engine, and the reg was DPP 233Y.

All I did was drive it bobtail from Salford to Blackburn, but I made sure I used every gear :laughing:

M&C steve:

robert1952:

Well Robert, we all now know where your perversions lie…

The Daf in your initial post was owned and run for many a year by Alan Johnson, a very good friend and customer of mine, It was i who painted it in the colours seen in your pic’s.

Somewhere deep in my puddled memory i seem to recall Davie Jamieson buying it from Alan and running it himself for a while, i’m sure he will pipe up soon and confirm such or come up with the correct tale…

Steve…

Hee hee! Yes I make no apology for my predilection for lorry transmissions: indeed, some of my best friends are Fuller Roadrangers! :laughing:

I was particularly taken with that DAF because it was unusual in that all 3300s were equipped with ZF Ecosplit 'boxes - all those, that is, except the Turkish export versions like this one. It should have been the best of both worlds, of course, but I read somewhere else that the Turk DAFs were not as well appointed within as the Euro ones - a bit spartan then!

I reckon I could put up with this Turbostar… Robert

Turbostar 190.142 V8 Fuller 13.jpg