Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Like a lot more of “his readers” I love the “Bollinger soaked ramblings” of Saviem!! His humuor, common sense and command of language is superb, It’s time for his own fan club, :smiley: :smiley:

Regars Kevmac.

Add to that his knowledge, and i’m happy to consider myself a fan.

+1 - definitely a fan. With his long experience and entertaining insights into the industry he’s the next best thing to having Pat Kennet reincarnated! :slight_smile:

Couldn’t agree more kevmac47, I too am a big fan of his encyclopaedic knowledge of haulage, here in the UK and France, to you Saviem… bonne santé mon ami.
Oily

Count me in

Saviem is just an old farmer boy now but I am definitely on his wavelength, he is both intelligent and articulate with a wide knowledge of both transport people and the trucking industry and I always enjoy his inputs on a variety of subjects, should very much like to meet the man as a PM is not quite the same. Well done to Kevmac47 for starting this thread and im’e away to toast him with my Bollinger which beckon’s, cheers Buzzer.

Oui, moi aussi,…Always a pleasure to read his well thought out, and very informative posts, he’s had a good and varied life in road transport… Long may he continue…

Prefer a nice Monbazillac, instead of his Bollinger myself, but then he’s richer than me…hic… cheers… :blush:

I’m a fan too, he knows his stuff. I however know bugger all about digging up spuds so keep me out of the fan organised spud dig, :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and as a Blackcountry mon, I’ll raise a glass of Holdens Golden :wink:

Yep, count me in. Always been one for supporting our hard up Joskins… :slight_smile:

Pete.

I believe his real name is Unwin :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :wink: Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
I believe his real name is Unwin :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :wink: Cheers Bewick.

You better be jesting mr bewick, I can’t beleave that one :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i’m in the fan club , love reading his posts , always informative and interesting . i wish he would hurry up lifting those spuds though , the wife is moaning about the rubbish in the shops

He’s a very knowledgeable bloke who knows what he is talking about. Yes I’m a fan.
Cheers Dave.

rigsby:
i’m in the fan club , love reading his posts , always informative and interesting . i wish he would hurry up lifting those spuds though , the wife is moaning about the rubbish in the shops

Discounted price for Trucknet UK members Dave, very generous these farming types! :slight_smile: Plus you can have the mud for free…

Pete.

Never buy spuds from a shop, always buy them from a farmer,or a farm shop in 25kg bags, much better value and better spuds.
Cheers Dave.

I’m a fan as well. Always like to read his comments whichever thread they are on.

Me too please. On top of all his knowledge - He has a Scania Vabis LB76. I had a go round Italy in one (ex Asian Transport SVB 300F) and they are my favourite lorry of all time, so I wish I lived closer cos I would be knocking on his door volunteering to weld new metal into it. Jim

Count me in gents, and i know of one or two more chaps lurking on here who keep to themselves but are equally avid followers of Monsieur Saviem.
His recent - and brilliant - potatoe prose has only enhanced his credentials as one of our most colourful contributors, aside from his great experience and memory.

May he long regail us.

By the way i wonder if and how he is going go react to this particular thread. All this unsollicited attention might make him flee onto his trusted valtra!

Where do I sign?

It always puts a smile on my face when I see he has posted on a thread.

Knowledgeable and better yet, his anecdotes are very entertaining.

With more of his ilk in the game it would never have sunk to depths it is now :sunglasses:

Sign me up right now!
His knowledge and memory put me to shame on many occasions but I couldn’t imagine life on this forum without his input.
Having said all that, I do wish he’d learn a little bit more about potatoes!
And he’s always up for a bit of banter. I’m going to toast his health in the only true way for a man of the Midlands- a pint of Banks’ bitter- none of this namby-pamby wimpish Frog slightly grape-flavoured water for me.
Y’am a gud’un, babbs.