Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pv83:

MaggieD:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:
Anyone recognise this restaurant

Hi Fergie,

great to see you posting these old French nostalgic pictures.

You asked if anyone recognises this restaurant. I don’t, but I still did some research. :slight_smile:

Could it be this building - now a tad different, in the village of Jayat, France.

Now called - L’Ain Tres Table, 339 Route de Bourg, 01340 Jayat, France

Source: Google Maps

Ariel view
Google Maps

Streetview
Google Maps

Hi Johnny,

Hope you are keeping well,spot on with your research it is indeed Jayat,and a popular stopping place for many lads,here’s a pic taken one winter from the restaurant looking at the parking lot. I wish I still had the Globetrotter in the photo.

Regards
Richard

Proper classic nowadays those Globetrotters are Richard! Hope you and the Mrs and the rest of the clan are well?

Ever been to that Routiers just north of Bourg en Bresse on the N83? Don’t know what the actual name is but it’s in the village of Villemortier and is known as “the bakery”…

Hi Patrick,

Hope you are keeping well,we are all fine thanks,the boys were talking about you at the weekend and we are planning to come to Locomotion next year as everybody had a great time,going to try and get Pete Smith and his wife to come as well,hopefully Fergie and Liz will come to keep you under control !

Did you mean The Bakehouse at St Cyr ? a fair few Routiers around that area always handy for the lads shipping out of Southampton&Portsmouth set off in the morning from Le Havre/Caen and meet up early evening in the area,spent some good nights with the Barbour lads in Uchizy,the old couple who owned it when after we’d eaten and had a couple of Macon Tea’s we started singing The Northern Lights used to leave the keys for us to lock up and we’d settle up in the morning,brilliant.
Norbert & Jacqueline’s,The Monkey House and The Glass House at Tornus were also favourites.

Regards
Richard