Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Good afternoon all.
I believe, I really believe that nearly 2 months of nonsense have passed and I am finally reconnected to the outside World. First Talk Talk who are, without doubt, the most useless organisation on the planet and then BT who are the second. When eventually they connected me to Broadband I was getting a download speed of 0.04mbps, which is pretty slow really, and then after the visit of a very nice engineer he got me all the way up to 1.4mbps. He also told me ‘never mind what sales say that’s the best you are going to get in this village’.

Then fortunately because I kicked up such a terrible fuss I was able to escape the All India Technical (?) Team and get passed to a nice chap in BT Bristol who has got it sorted and managed to get me a fibre connection (supposedly unavailable) and in the last days I am now up to a satisfactory 27mbps. Phew!

By the way, in case anybody thinks that this happened because I live on one of the remote Scottish Islands I actually live in a village 3.5 miles from the A5/M42 junction.

So it is grand to be back and I had better go do some catching up!

David