Robert Deards Ltd, Finchley

Anyone got any memories or pictures for an old driver’s daughter. Deards had a haulage fleet and did refuse for Islington Vestry. Also owned the Beacon Cafe at South Mimms

Hi marshman
there’s a thread on page 5 on Deards of Finchley might be more info on there. regards prattman.

Dear Bob Rust
My name is Chris Scarfe and was Managing Director after my Dad Jack Scarfe retired in 1986. My son Nicholas Scarfe is now Managing director since 2015
We have many photos of the trucks in our new head office at Plantagenet House , 4 Plantagenet Road , New Barnet, Herts EN5 5JQ
If anybody wants to contact me to visit details below and photo the photos for their collection this can be arranged .
The premises at Finchley has been developed as a car showroom dealership for Hyundia Motor UK Ltd together with Tesco Stores Ltd.
The premises at South Mimms former beacon café is now let out to Welcome Break Ltd as part of the motorway service area.
The transport business was sold to Hales in 1990 .
I am happy to talk/ email to any of our drivers or relatives of our drivers about any of the trucks and past memories.
My email is chris.scarfe@gmail.com Mobile 07743 669 499
Kind regards
Chris Scarfe

Is this the same company
transportphotos.com/road/photos

My father drove for Deards in the early seventies,before he became an owner driver.
His last lorry was a Leyland two pedal beaver-he loved it!

marshman:
Anyone got any memories or pictures for an old driver’s daughter. Deards had a haulage fleet and did refuse for Islington Vestry. Also owned the Beacon Cafe at South Mimms

I worked for deards from about 1976 until about 1992 as a mechanic lots of great memories of those times

Kenh4190:

marshman:

I worked for deards from about 1976 until about 1992 as a mechanic lots of great memories of those times

Are you a Hardman?

Kenh4190:

marshman:

Did you work on the haulage fleet that ran out of south Mimms?
A neighbour of mine (now passed away)worked for Deards on the general haulage from the mid seventies up until they finished.(he had a couple of spells working for my father -who also worked for Deards until just before he became an owner driver in the early to mid seventies as I’ve said in a previous post above)
My neighbours name was jock harkins,and his Leyland roadtrain unit was always parked round the corner when he was back home in Hitchin.