The best British built long haul truck ever?

CrashBox:
Just come across this post. I use to drive an Atkinson with a Krupp cab back in 1972. It was owned and operated by a man called Bernie Stone from Watford. I was driving for him and at the time was pulling
for MAT - Britannia Express. I ran Italy and Greece ,Greece was with a tilt trailer and Italy was with a tilt and at times a reefer.
It was powered by a Rolls Royce 220 Eagle coupled to ZF box. It had an excellent sleeper with two bunks. It never played up and the only issue I encountered was when the water pump packed up near Milan one trip.Actually a mechanic came out from a marine engineering company and fitted a new pump.I have got some photos of the lorry but I don’t have a scanner. The registration was WNK 419 J.It was originally painted orange and then later on it was painted blue and yellow. I can remember taking it to a garage in South London for servicing I think it was called Penfold Commercials.
Hope this is of interest. John B.

Hello crashbox! We could do with your experiences on my thread all about those Krupp cabbed Atkis. Perhaps you could get a mate do scan your pics. Anyway here’s the link to the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118469

Cheers, Robert