ROO120W scania 111

Does anyone have any info or pictures of this truck. Seen quite a lot of pictures of scanias with ROO reg numbers on here

All out of Purfleet Kev, ROOs, POOs and MOOs, I’ve had one of each. There were SOOs and TOOs as well. Busy boys them salesmen :sunglasses:

kr79:
Does anyone have any info or pictures of this truck. Seen quite a lot of pictures of scanias with ROO reg numbers on here

ROO Was a Berkshire Reg.No. Thatcham was the Head Offices and a Dealership for Scania in the 80’s 90’s, maybe still is. So maybe Pan Express would have had a few.

?OO and ?NO were Essex registrations Archie, Harris Daf and Lancaster Mercedes, also out of Purfleet used the same last two letters :wink:

I remember ROO 107 W, which was a 141 owned by Eric Lucas Transport of Ellesmere Port.
There’s a pic of ROO 107 W in Dover (under the flyover near the Wheelhouse) in Trucker Ash’s excellent ‘trucking in the 80s’ topic.

When Eric owned it, he did Greece with it, but (IIRC) later employed Les Merton when he put it on Spain/Italy work.
I drove Eric’s other Scania (a 111) VEA 253 S, mostly on Italy :smiley: but I did have to do the odd Spanish trip now and again. :frowning:

This come out of scantruck second hand and lots the pics of roo reg scanias seemed to be from london essexand kent firms

This pic is from the 80s and shows Les Sampsons new Scanias all consecutive ROO numbers. At this time Sampson was based on the Royal Albert Dock.

This was on ebay last week

ROO120W.png

This is the best I can offer,not my pic though,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks i work for McGraths and am trying to get pictures and any info on trucks together for the firm so if anyone has anything it would be great.

norfolktrucker:
This was on ebay last week

I was the lucky winner

night shift bri:
0This pic is from the 80s and shows Les Sampsons new Scanias all consecutive ROO numbers. At this time Sampson was based on the Royal Albert Dock.

Les Sampson, another East London/Essex haulier. The head office was on London RHD, Grays. Those Scanias came out of Scantruck at Purfleet .

newmercman:
?OO and ?NO were Essex registrations Archie, Harris Daf and Lancaster Mercedes, also out of Purfleet used the same last two letters :wink:

If you watch the sweeney and profesonals a lot of the cars used have ■■■ and PNO and UOO reg numbers. All fords as Ford suplied lots of cars to Thames TV and they would be Essex reg numbers.

They only supplied the good guy’s cars though, none of the villians ever drove a Ford. Same in the Professionals, although Bodie had a TR7 and Doyle a V12 E Type in the first season.

newmercman:

Yes you’re quite right and I was wrong. Essex registered of course, it must have been that special Salesman at Scantruck at Purfleet, selling so many. What was his name Kieth something or another, I met him a couple of times but I never had a deal with him. I had 111 at that time myself.

Keith Hughes, his son took over when he retired. He certainly put a few on the road, although it was a pretty easy job as in those days the Scania was the best lorry you could get. I don’t think he needed to offer much in the way of discounts :laughing:

newmercman:
They only supplied the good guy’s cars though, none of the villians ever drove a Ford. Same in the Professionals, although Bodie had a TR7 and Doyle a V12 E Type in the first season.

Cowley had a rover sd1 and there was a dolomite sprint as well. Remember seeing a program saying they lost loads of filming time due to cars breakdowns that fords deal was a godsend

Season two Cowley had a Granada, Bodie had a 2.0S Capri and Doyle a 1.6S ■■■■■■. I’m watching them now, the 3 litre Capris and ■■■■■■ Harrier haven’t shown up yet and I’m almost through season two. I had forgotten how good it was, it’s up there with The Sweeney :sunglasses:

What about the Mk2 RS2000 with Recaro fishnets :open_mouth: ,and all the villains going very quickly in Transits? :smiley:

Not up to those yet. The Transit and D Series or Transcon were allowed to be villians motors, yet the Ford car range wasn’t. I remember seeing a programme about the product placement and a bod from Ford saying that because of the hero car reputation the sales went through the roof. Obviously BL cars being crap if they were being built and not on strike was also a factor :laughing: