W.F.Miners,Ashburton,Devon

Anybody that worked for this company might like to know that Bernard Miners died this week, Wednesday 9th Oct.2013 seems Bernard just died of old age.R.I.P. Don’t know when funeral is but will post
when info available .W.F. great company, great fun, the good old days.

That is sad, RIP Bernard. The good old hauliers are going fast now it seems.

Never worked for WF - I was a Thompson man - but knew a lot of the boys. Steve is Transport Manager at Riverford of course.

David

Yes i know W.F. Miners very well,I was about 10 yrs old, wen i used to go with my father in the wagon in the 1960s,i remember William & Fred,Fred"s sons Steven & Teddy, my father Charlie used to drive the 8 wheeler ERF rigid still painted in Red & Cream wen acquired it off Desmond Roberts of Haytor. had a 150 gardner,6 speed david brown,& 2 speed axel…wen i reached 21yrs old i started with Harris & Miners of Bovey Tracey,they were related of some kind…Norman Croad,Torquay…

David Miller:
That is sad, RIP Bernard. The good old hauliers are going fast now it seems.

Never worked for WF - I was a Thompson man - but knew a lot of the boys. Steve is Transport Manager at Riverford of course.

David

David,I knew Bernard Miners very well,my father Charlie drove for them in the 60s,he drove the ERF 8 wheeler rigid Red & Cream Livery…i knew thompson drivers as well,Tich,pete Brooker,they ran AEC Mandators inthe 70s,used to see them in Michael Wood services on sunday loaded with sheeted Rice Puddings,
i was driving for Harris & miners then,Michael woods was always busy on sunday,with Showerings of shepton mallet,a couple of W F miners,Norman croad,Torquay,Devon…

Hey,did anyone knew wen W F Miners of Ashburton were goin,they had a Grey ERF unit,150 gardner,they used to call it the Grey Ghost,u never saw it hardley,if i remember the chap who drove it was called Jeff, that was in the 60s,70s,My father worked for them,Mad charlie,dont know why he was called that,lol, My father drove the 8 wheeler ERF in Red & cream Livery,WF aquired it off DJ Roberts of ilsingston,N/Abbot it was a great motor,the ERF had 150 Gardner,6 speed david box,with 2 speed eaton axle,24 ton gross… Norman croad,Torquay…

I used to remember goin in the wagon with my father wen i was young,he was driving for W.F.Miners,on the 8 wheeler ERF,wen the Caulie Boat used to dock at Millbay Docks,Plymouth,Half the fleet used to be there.
All handball,wen u finished loading straight up the road to catch the midnite markets,“no time to sleep”.
Norman croad,Torquay.

I used to remember goin in the wagon with my father wen i was young,he was driving for W.F.Miners,on the 8 wheeler ERF,wen the Caulie Boat used to dock at Millbay Docks,Plymouth,Half the fleet used to be there.
All handball,wen u finished loading straight up the road to catch the midnite markets,“no time to sleep”.
Norman croad,Torquay.

150 Gardner, Driven by Allan Smale from new.
download.jpg
Fred Miners standing in front…Norman croad,Torquay.

Hi, This Foden of WF Miners,Ashburton,was driven by Sweeny,“i think”.Norman Croad,Torquay

download (1).jpg

The WF Miners Gang loading Caulies at Millbay Docks,Plymouth… Norman Croad,Torquay.

download (2).jpg

W.F. Miners of Ashburton,F88, Norman Croad,Torquay.

download (3).jpg

20160401_111152.jpg"TOR PRINCE" Hi,My father Charlie had the Wagon new when owned by Desmond Arthur John Roberts,of ILsington,Newton Abbot.
Then it was acquired by W.F. Miners & Sons of Ashburton,Devon,In The 60s.
My father went with the ERF to work for W.F.Miners,At 24 Ton Gross, 150 Gardner,6 speed David brown,Eaton 2 speed axle
I remember goin with my father wen i was a young boi,loading handball materials out of Slumberland at South Brent, for Surrey…Working out of Whitbread Brewery at Tiverton doing local deliverys,Loading China Clay once a week from St.Blazey,Cornwall To Ideal Standard in Hull,E.Yorkshire…
Norman Croad,Torquay…

14546_10152166804173355_1147599030_n WFM.jpg

This is WF Miners of Widecombe in the Moor,It was Relations to Harris & Miners of Widecombe,
Then in its hey day WF Miners & Sons ran there Depot In Ashburton.
And Harris & miners Ran there Depot in Bovey Tracey
This is a Commer 4wheeler 2stroke.
Norman croad,Torquay.

6LX:
0"TOR PRINCE" Hi,My father Charlie had the Wagon new when owned by Desmond Arthur John Roberts,of ILsington,Newton Abbot.
My father went with the ERF to work for W.F.Miners,At 24 Ton Gross, 150 Gardner,6 speed David brown,Eaton 2 speed axle
I remember goin with my father wen i was a young boi,loading handball materials out of Slumberland at South Brent, for Surrey…Working out of Whitbread Brewery at Tiverton doing local deliverys,Loading China Clay once a week from St.Blazey,Cornwall To Ideal Standard in Hull,E.Yorkshire…
Norman Croad,Torquay…

That is a Stoke-on Trent Reg No. Norm so I wonder if it was supplied by Beeches of Hanley ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

6LX:
0"TOR PRINCE" Hi,My father Charlie had the Wagon new when owned by Desmond Arthur John Roberts,of ILsington,Newton Abbot.
Norman Croad,Torquay…

That is a Stoke-on Trent Reg No. Norm so I wonder if it was supplied by Beeches of Hanley ? Cheers Dennis.

Hiya Dennis
Yes yr right about the Reg 3279 EH,“Stoke”,I would say its from Beeches,ERF Sandbach was not far Either!!
Norman Croad,Torquay.

14141645_1816352921930848_408530515495673903_n WFM.jpg

W.F.Miners & Sons Ashburton,F88, At Millbay Docks,Plymouth…

Norman Croad,Torquay.

6LX:
150 Gardner, Driven by Allan Smale from new.0
Fred Miners standing in front…Norman croad,Torquay.