Kaye Goodfellow Transport

apologies if this pic has already done the rounds… did Kaye Goodfellows used to be based somewhere in Manchester ■■?
I’m asking this cos i can vaguely remember going with my dad on one trip and reloading off them probably early sixties.
the pic shows an accident in Grangetown , Merthyr…
its a D registration, (1966)

They were based at Newton Heath IIRC, The Oldham Rd area, Regards Larry.

Near enough Larry,the area was Bradford/ Beswick area and the road Ashton New Road not to far from where R Johnson & Nephew wire works was,they are at this moment in time building a football acadamy for Man City on the land they had their yard on.
Trukkertone
There is a thread about Goodfellows with plenty of photos and it also mentions a few of there ex drivers.Type in the search box Kaye Goodfellows Manchester.

Looks like this could have been taken on the land opposite the yard. Dont know whose photo it is, I found it on the net.

OCT--1971.jpg

Stanfield:
Near enough Larry,the area was Beswick and the road Ashton New Road not to far from where R Johnson & Nephew wire works was,they are at this moment in time building a football acadamy for Man City on the land they had their yard on.
Trukkertone
There is a thread about Goodfellows with plenty of photos and it also mentions a few of there ex drivers.Type in the search box Kaye Goodfellows Manchester.

Did they have a yard at Failsworth too John ?, Regards Larry.

Not as I can remember Larry,but I seem to remember some parked around nr the Chadderton power station area but that may have been that they were working from there :confused: A lad on here called Mal Carbery will know as his dad used to drive for Goodys (thats if he reads this)

Hiya John… kaye goodfellow had a yard on thge corner of Greymare lane/ashton new road and another on
Greymare lane across from johnson and nephew. that was in the mid to late 70’s,
John

Trukkertone:
apologies if this pic has already done the rounds… did Kaye Goodfellows used to be based somewhere in Manchester ■■?
I’m asking this cos i can vaguely remember going with my dad on one trip and reloading off them probably early sixties.

They also had a place in Wrexham but not sure where , some of the work was for Air products . thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

Trukkertone:

They also had a place in Wrexham but not sure where , some of the work was for Air products . thank you Trevor

Kay Goodfellow were on bryn lane wrexham ind est what is now one of Frank Lloyds yards .

There is a Kay Goodfellow Manchester Thread On TNUK With lots of info about them & How they got started, Regards Larry.

Kaye Goodfellow Foden SNE793K

Foden Kaye Goodfellow.jpg

There yard in Manchester when times were tight in transport I am pretty sure that it was rented out for mud wrestling it was that bad. Joepipe