Eric vick

hi all i am looking for some old picks of eric vick transport gloucester
a my late father Roger Williams used to drive for them kind regrds

A couple here for you off Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com
The 1st photo was taken when the ERF was brandnew and not yet registered.

CXc00981-06.jpg
RH00596.jpg

CX00976-28.jpg

Eric Vick, Is his depot on the A38 south of Gloucester, ■■ Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Eric Vick, Is his depot on the A38 south of Gloucester, ■■ Regards Larry.

Hi Larry ,it is ,but each time i pass it , just seems to be trailers . maybe he has another depot else where regards kk

Aye I was past there a couple of weeks ago & as you say it was mostley trailers, Regards Larry.

I was at a place right opposite the one next to the A38 last Friday. He has a bigger yard nearby.
Cheers Dave.

The one at the side of the A38 is Hardwicke Garage, their other yard is down a lane on the other side of the road.
I don’t know how many trucks they run now but still see a few ERFs about.

Rentadent:
The one at the side of the A38 is Hardwicke Garage, their other yard is down a lane on the other side of the road.
I don’t know how many trucks they run now but still see a few ERFs about.

On their website, it says 21 vehicles, but that was in 2009.
Cheers Dave.

image.jpgI went and found their yard whilst in the Cotswold’s back in May.Stank Lane and it is down a very narrow lane through Hardwicke village.It was a Friday evening about 8.00pm, gates locked and there were some Volvo FH and MAN’s an old ERF A series, shunter I think ,and a couple of parked up ERF ECX which looked on the reserve list or ready to be sold and trailers parked up.
Very tidy yard, trucks and trailers all lined up.
Are they still in original ownership or someone just using the name ? :slight_smile:

image.jpg

Ringrose:
1I went and found their yard whilst in the Cotswold’s back in May.Stank Lane and it is down a very narrow lane through Hardwicke village.It was a Friday evening about 8.00pm, gates locked and there were some Volvo FH and MAN’s an old ERF A series, shunter I think ,and a couple of parked up ERF ECX which looked on the reserve list or ready to be sold and trailers parked up.
Very tidy yard, trucks and trailers all lined up.
Are they still in original ownership or someone just using the name ? :slight_smile:

Still in original ownership.
Cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave.I think it is great to see one of the long timer firms still around and trading, thought it was worth taking the pictures of the yard.

Ringrose:
Thanks Dave.I think it is great to see one of the long timer firms still around and trading, thought it was worth taking the pictures of the yard.

If you look on Vosa operator sear, you will see he is still one of the three directors.
Cheers Dave.

Here we go again! I know it’s getting to be a bit monotonous but Eric is yet another operator whom I can remember seeing in Gloucester market with his solitary livestock lorry.
And before anyone mentions the other, yes, I can also remember Bob Cooper from the other end of the city doing the same thing!

Dave, you missed me by three days! I turned up past Eric’s Hardwicke Garage last Monday on a night out as part of my daughter’s birthday celebrations. If you’re in the area again I can recommend The Beacon at Haresfield for decent grub & “proper” beer!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Here we go again! I know it’s getting to be a bit monotonous but Eric is yet another operator whom I can remember seeing in Gloucester market with his solitary livestock lorry.
And before anyone mentions the other, yes, I can also remember Bob Cooper from the other end of the city doing the same thing!

Dave, you missed me by three days! I turned up past Eric’s Hardwicke Garage last Monday on a night out as part of my daughter’s birthday celebrations. If you’re in the area again I can recommend The Beacon at Haresfield for decent grub & “proper” beer!

Ow be ROF, I too can remember Eric from the “old Gloucester Market” with his old Seddon Mark 5 which must be pre 1958,(as the new Market at St Oswalds opened in 1958 ish) replendant in his brown smock and polished brown boots .One of the first loads I did with my own vehicle was 2 Ferrymasters 20’ boxes to Hirwaun for Eric. I last saw him at Young George’s funeral in Mitcheldean, he was in a wheelchair but looked well having just been to the rugby at Toulouse. Reg Cooper was tother un from Witcombe and there is an A Series ERF of his ( supplied new to him by Richard) HDG 188N in William Gilders yard awaiting restoration! I think William bought it from Brian Burson who had bought it from Reg. Best Regards Old Mate!

Zzarbean normally pops his head up on these threads. Is Ted OK?

Laurie- you have PM.

Retired Old ■■■■:

I had lunch at the Beacon last Friday Casey, courtesy of the bloke who owns the property. I bought a van off him and his premises are opposite Erick Vicks yard in Old Bath Road.
Cheers Dave.

There you go- too late again! Must learn to get my *ss in gear a bit quicker. I was ecstatic to find The Beacon had a cider festival on when we went. I know it was Monday evening when we arrived there but I’m not too sure which day we left!
Does this mean we’ll be looking out for yet another vehicle?

Retired Old ■■■■:
There you go- too late again! Must learn to get my *ss in gear a bit quicker. I was ecstatic to find The Beacon had a cider festival on when we went. I know it was Monday evening when we arrived there but I’m not too sure which day we left!
Does this mean we’ll be looking out for yet another vehicle?

ROF you also have PM

And you have yet another, Laurie!