Clitheroe tarmac & horrocksford hauliers past & present

this should waken a few old dogs, pics and tales please.

Only tale I can come up with is being sent to Horrocksfords for a load of stone once and got there just after 2p.m. only to be told to go away, they were shut. Remember seeing a few Commers with the big name board on the front when riding about with my dad.

Driven out of Bankfield for the last 20 years. Horrocksford gave you the most complicated loading slip ever!!! 3-4-1 or 3-1-2, then you had to pull the chain to open the hopper, run like £UCK back into the cab so you could load it even in the body. No elf and saftey then. Barny woz in the weighbridge.

shirtbox2003:

Something to stir a few memories, taken around 1986/89

Barry/Gloves

gloves:

shirtbox2003:

Barry/Gloves

Few more from the albums, dated 1989, Bankfield

Barry/Gloves

Excellent pics mate, thanks for posting them.
If you have more, please put them up.

Cheers
Mark

thanks gloves,great pics, have you any more, regards, jack preston. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

tarmactipper:
Driven out of Bankfield for the last 20 years. Horrocksford gave you the most complicated loading slip ever!!! 3-4-1 or 3-1-2, then you had to pull the chain to open the hopper, run like £UCK back into the cab so you could load it even in the body. No elf and saftey then. Barny woz in the weighbridge.

Sorry could not find a photo of the Seddon Atkinson 301, but thought these may bring back a few memories. Also only have T43 JVU and not T42. The powder tankers were being serviced/parked in the same yard as the Volvo, believed that it was run by two brothers■■?

Barry

Some may be of interest to Bonkey Dollocks!!! (Tarmac mad)

gloves:

shirtbox2003:

Barry/Gloves

Seen at Gaydon 2010.
Cheers Dave.

The Volvo Reg K48 XBA was run by G Benson and it was Guys cousins that owned the yard where the two ERF where photographed. The Volvo was then sold to J Kinder (Who i drove for) painted in the new colours (white) John sold K48 XBA to a driver in Buxton, it was later exported. Volvo PN 52 KXX (replaced a ERF T42 JVU) was New to M Whiteside (Drove for Mick to) later sold on to be replaced by a Scania. I Parked the wagon up for you so you could take the picture It was only a week old then. ERF T43 JVU new to John Knolwes, then passed on to a few drivers in Clitheroe. The other pictures of the Volvos where owned by David and Stephen Walmsley and Terry Eastwood. Have you any more pictures of the OD fleet? or any of the hired haulage in the good times there must of been 40 /50 trucks parked in the yard . The sad thing as well is all the names mentioned have all packed up :frowning:

tarmactipper:
The Volvo Reg K48 XBA was run by G Benson and it was Guys cousins that owned the yard where the two ERF where photographed. The Volvo was then sold to J Kinder (Who i drove for) painted in the new colours (white) John sold K48 XBA to a driver in Buxton, it was later exported. Volvo PN 52 KXX (replaced a ERF T42 JVU) was New to M Whiteside (Drove for Mick to) later sold on to be replaced by a Scania. I Parked the wagon up for you so you could take the picture It was only a week old then. ERF T43 JVU new to John Knolwes, then passed on to a few drivers in Clitheroe. The other pictures of the Volvos where owned by David and Stephen Walmsley and Terry Eastwood. Have you any more pictures of the OD fleet? or any of the hired haulage in the good times there must of been 40 /50 trucks parked in the yard . The sad thing as well is all the names mentioned have all packed up :frowning:

Some more from the albums. a few not sign-written, but you may recognise them from Bankfield and another Horrocksford, found hidden away amongst the 6 wheelers

I have also posted a few photos on the A65 Skipton to Kendal site

Barry/Gloves

Brilliant pics Gloves as always, keep 'em coming. :smiley: As for your astute comment about me, you know me too well mate. :wink:

Few from me:

BonkeyDollocks:
Brilliant pics Gloves as always, keep 'em coming. :smiley: As for your astute comment about me, you know me too well mate. :wink:

Few from me:

Looks like you had more photos from Colin Wright as the Walmsley Volvo on the weighbridge is one of mine■■?

Barry/Gloves

Sorry Barry, I had it from Stephen Walmsley. If it causes a problem, I’ll remove it.

Have you seen the other Clitheroe based pics I added a while back? They were taken by Colin (RIP) in the late 70s at Bankfield. There’s a very good couple of Tarmac LVs eight wheelers.

BonkeyDollocks:
Sorry Barry, I had it from Stephen Walmsley. If it causes a problem, I’ll remove it.

Have you seen the other Clitheroe based pics I added a while back? They were taken by Colin (RIP) in the late 70s at Bankfield. There’s a very good couple of Tarmac LVs eight wheelers.

No problem with the copies of my photos, just surprised where they appear from■■?

Will post more when time allows

Barry

!!!#

mason8170:
The reason bankfield is as bad as it is now is all the lame ducks from the 90’s onwards,such as Eastwood,Benson ,Walmsley , Kavanagh and all the other pretend hauliers thinking they were the next Stobart ,knackered it up for themselves and many others.Good riddance bankfield!!!

Strong words there! If you are who I think you are did you not work out of Bankfield then go to Castle? :unamused:

tarmactipper:

mason8170:
The reason bankfield is as bad as it is now is all the lame ducks from the 90’s onwards,such as Eastwood,Benson ,Walmsley , Kavanagh and all the other pretend hauliers thinking they were the next Stobart ,knackered it up for themselves and many others.Good riddance bankfield!!!

Strong words there! If you are who I think you are did you not work out of Bankfield then go to Castle? :unamused:

Hiya there were some good lads there Many names there that I recall.
Don’t wan’t to spoil the thread with those I have of the funny farm as the older lads called it.
Like er then there was me:
Hundreds of them.
Take care
GUESTY44

Obviously a load of crap on tv for me to restart down loading photos, or is it that I am still interested in trucks!!!

Few more from the collection.

Barry/Gloves

gloves:

shirtbox2003:

Barry/Gloves

The Quarry runabouts were owned and operated by Kevin Isherwood for many year, was a good learning school for me