Accidents in turkey

It was for many years…maybe still is today…that if a foreigner had an accident…it was his fault…for the turks always believed…and would use it in their defence…that if you wasnt there…it wouldnt have happened…which to some degree is true…we all know that…there were stories of drivers who have run over a pedestrian …and reversed back to finish him off…rather than run the wrath of his family…who would sue the driver to the hilt…i remember on one of my first trips in Istanbul…there were 4 drivers…myself included…who decided to go into the centre of town…have a look at the famous indoor market…visit pig alley etc…so there we were…travelling in a taxi…towards town …this driver smelled of drink anyway …nothing unusual there then…so he smacks another car up the backside…steam coming from the front of the car…the back of the other one…stoved in…we wasnt hurt…but one of the then experienced drivers jeff Ruggins (bless him)…got out…told us all to get out…and run…i couldnt understand why…till someone grabbed my arm.and pulled me…edging me to run with them…over a fence…across a field…and into the safety of yet another taxi, i never understood why we wre running away …surely it was the taxi drivers fault…wrong…it was explained to me that if we had stayed we would have been blamed…it would have been our fault…that this idiot…drunk driver …had hit the other car…at 40 mph…whilst drunk…and we would have got the blame…can you believe that…

i remember taking my unit into town once…and got carved up by a black limo…so i decided to get my own back and run him up the pavement…how dare he…carve up a brit…anyway…i damaged his wing with my tyre…no wings in those days…only mud flaps.easier to put the snow chains on…anyway i get out of the truck…walk round to the nearside.(lhd).and was grabbed by the biggest mafia hood you have ever seen…6ft…all muscle.lifted me off the ground by my neck…oh ■■■■…what have i done now…anyway in the struggle…he rips the watch off my wrist.and puts it i his pocket…i pleaded that it was worth a lot of money…my father had given it to me as a special present…please…please …dont take my watch…with that he pushed me…and got back into the limo and drove off…thank god for that…i escaped with my life…and quickly drove back to the Londra Camping…and safety…and the watch…oh no problem…i just bought another…where i bought the one the mafia stole…£1.50p
but i was lucky…and also worried cos everyone knew where the foreigners parked…

Excellent read truckyboy :smiley:

yes I agree with convoy a wonderful tale have you any more hidden
away as if the answer is yes then please put your finger to the keyboard
and so let us be able to read them.