Leyland Marathon...The "Nearly" Truck of The 1970s?

Carryfast:

ramone:
I asked Graham a few weeks back about a book he`d written on the Marathon which he never published . He posted it on here which I was grateful for as I respect his work and I have a collection of his other fine books . So enter the resident clown rambling on about utter nonsense and there goes another interesting thread .

What you actually mean is that you only want confirmation of your silly fan boy views and won’t tolerate anything which doesn’t fit that agenda.

On that note I doubt if whatever he wrote could ever defend Leyland putting up such a retarded piece of junk against competition like the F12.While if I’ve read it right he seems to be more in agreement with my idea of that situation being deliberate and not ■■■■ up.Than your idea that the heap supposedly nearly saved Leyland from oblivion as opposed to sending it on its way. :unamused:

There you go again the Marathon was introduced in 72the F12 late77 , but your stupid replies just keep coming ,what part of there was no money available don’t you understand .The Marathon was developed on a shoestring by some well respected engineers. All you want to do is crib and complain about how the engine was no good how the cab was no good in your opinion . Why didnt they offer a high power ■■■■■■■ , because they had a decent in house engine that was well on top of the job when introduced definitely at 32 tons and performed better than the offerings from ■■■■■■■ at the time. You mention taking customers choices away by insisting everyone uses the 13 speed Fuller in place of the 9 speed ■■■■?? .Every thread you enter becomes a childish this v that . Conspiracies from Governments conspiracies from journalists if it isn't big power its junk if it hasn't got loads of gears its crap ,Ive said it before and Ill say it again I don't think youve ever driven a lorry otherwise you wouldn`t spout so much crap.