Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:

Buzzer:
Well here are a few more oldies, a couple of Siddel.C.Cook & a tidy Chinese six Atki but don’t know who’s, Buzzer.

Its a Northern Ireland Trailers motor From Preston IMO, Regards Larry.

Your spot on Larry it was a “NIT"s” and is the same spec as the 6 Atkis Brady’s replaced the cancelled order of AEC Mamoth Minors with. The Big’un a.k.a. Bob Brady always bought in 6’s, apparently ( and he regaled me on a number of occasions on how he dealt :wink: ) he would drive a reet 'ard bargain for one unit or trailer and when the deal was agreed he would just say " Well Son ( he called everybody Son) I’ll have a deal but I want 6 !) he was a ■■■■■■■ Star ! His younger brother jack often told me " Look Dennis you and me might think we had done the best deal ever but that “jammy” bugger" could come out with another few quid less than we had agreed" “I know because he has proved it time and again” . But it was Jack that built up and drove actual business forward and “The Bigun” always backed “Our Kid” to the hilt so they were a Great team until the mid 70’s when they finally fell out and were at “loggerheads” and I know because I got into the middle of it ! Jack wanted to amalgamate our respective operations and for me to take over from him but “The Bigun” wouldn’t have any of it ! Not that he didn’t like me he just didn’t want to know and the way their shares were distributed among the family Jack only had 45% so the deal never got off the ground which in the event maybe was just as well but it came close ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.