GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Bewick:
Well Larry as we have both said from our own well documented and proven experience “there was nowt wrong with the good old Gardner during the years we both operated them” And as far as I am concerned during those years neither RR, ■■■■■■■■ AEC or Leyland or :wink: that Foden two stroke thingy! could touch the Gardner for reliability or economy FACT. I accept they were never as lively as the aforementioned engines but there was no need as actual “all out speed” was never the main requirement ! The main benefit of the Gardner was without doubt it’s reliability, economy and second hand value. We were the end users of the motors and being at “the sharp end” carries a lot more weight than the “on paper, hypothetical” theories promoted elsewhere on the thread. Cheers Dennis.

Well Dennis, Its nice to hear from a fellow haulage man who shares my comments on the good old 150 6lx, Gardner Engined Motors, In their Heyday they were the best money could buy, Im off to bed now, Toasting the night away with a large Glenmorangie, I got this for £26.00.At Morrisons, Regards Larry.