best food

mushroomman:
Hungarian cheese, :smiley: I have no idea what it’s real name was but it was covered with a red wax like Edam. It was the size of a small football and was ideal for sandwiches as well as cheese on toast and for less than a quid it was a bargain. I always wondered why it was so cheap until a Dutchman told me that it had probably come from the E.U. cheese mountain.
Another thing that we used to buy in Turkey or Greece was a small sack of Satsuma’s or Tangerines that were sold at the side of the road in a kind of net bag. In my opinion Turkey and Greece were the best places for buying fresh produce at the side of the road. :slight_smile:

I too used to buy a bag of oranges and a bag of grapefruit in Turkey on my way home. The oranges were absolutely huge.
It was nice to have a fresh whole grapefruit for breakfast every morning on the way back and still have enough to fill several fruit bowls when I got home.
I got to buying Hungarian wine, especially from the Lake Balaton area, used to call in a local supermarket and buy a few bottles on the way out and a few more on the way home.