Fishy : Can only do 4 weeks away, no less

Something fishy going on at our place. The gaffer has found a new driver to go over the water to Italy but the driver will only take the job if he can go away for four weeks at a time. The gaffer smells a rat and it’s obvious that the guy is up to something fishy but what ?

Any ideas ?

Naaah. I used to be like that. Get home once a month to pay the bills and wash three T-shirts.

Golden days! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

Loads of drivers prefer it that way, nothing strange in that at all.

Back in the days when I did Italy, my normal pattern would be four trips back to back, and then have a week off.

Dave, since you are in my opinion just a little too modest about your website, can I just “big it up” here for the benefit of those who haven`t seen it yet?

www.geocities.com/davemackie2002

You don`t get every weekend at home on that job either…

Vince

Hmmm. Well time will tell I suppose. I guess it gives me anew job then, as I don’t really want to be away all week delivering and collecting in Italy. The gaffer needs someone to take the loaded trailers out to Luxembourg for them and bring the import ones back :slight_smile:

I think I can manage that for my first time over the “watta” :smiley:

The drive to Luxembourg is beautiful, down through the Ardennes.

Oh, apart from the bit around Brussels. That`s like the M25.

■■■■ in Luxembourg very cheap.

I hope you enjoy it. Some don`t, most do.

Have a good one!

Vince

Ah Vince back in the good old days when the E411 wasn´t even built winding down the Belgian N4 through all the villages in February in the snow must have reminded you of Russia

Grim Reaper:
must have reminded you of Russia

Grim Reaper, that is very clever and subtle.

Not quite clever or subtle enough though… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Whats your real first name? My names Vince. Welcome to TruckNet.

Vince

Vince subtle ? clever ?
no seriously if you think about it the old N4 does in places resemble the road that runs from Moskow down to Lvov which I am sure you know was one of the ways to get to the border rossing at Uzhgorod.
Thanks for the welcome

I am sorry if I have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

But at 9.04 pm in the PDF, you posted this…

“Pat how could you possibly have thought that Vince is perfect (even though he might like us to think so).
Being perfect does not mean stuffing it down our throats at every opportunity that he has been to Russia one could be forgiven for beginning to think that he is the only one”

So naturally, I was surprised to see that just three minutes later, you were inviting me to speculate on the appearance of Russia. I`m sure you can understand my confusion.

Personally, I do not consider that the area around Lvov and Uzhgorod resembles the Ardennes, but then neither of these places is in Russia anyway.

It would appear that when you drove from Moscow to Lvov, you may have inadvertantly missed the Ukranian border.

Vince

But Vince surely you are man enough to take a bit of wind up :open_mouth:
As we all should be

Grim Reaper:
But Vince surely you are man enough to take a bit of wind up :open_mouth:

I think he’s taken it, date stamped it, pulled it apart and filed it under “sorted” :laughing:

I’ve no idea if the Ardennes look like anywhere else but i do know that on Tuesday of this week they were looking very wintery. :smiley: :smiley:

Coffee it wasn´t so much The Ardennes as the twists and turns and climbs on certain stretches of the N4 going through the Ardennes which I am sure you can remember.
Nice fotos glad you managed to keep the motor in a straight line while taking them :laughing:

I do remember the N4 Paul and it was an enjoyable drive I always thought.

Grim Reaper:
Nice fotos glad you managed to keep the motor in a straight line while taking them

You are assuming it was I who took them. Sometimes I have a co-pilot with me, especially during school holiday time. :wink: :smiley: :slight_smile:

In that case Neil, I take it it’s a left ■■■■■■ then, otherwise it’s clear that you either took the photos whilst driving, you weren’t driving, or you were driving with the right wheels (offiside? nearside?) in the ditch! :smiley: :smiley:

No Rob it is a right ■■■■■■, a Volvo FH12 Globetrotter XL with, and this is the important bit so pay attention, :smiley: the Office/Dinette package which means seats behind the driver and passenger seats in place of the bottom bunk. These seats are equipped with seat belts so no problem to use them while in motion and the pictures were taken from there, over my shoulder. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Mind you first one did make me jump a bit as I wasn’t aware it was about to be taken. :smiley: