Remember when the ferries .

had a few Brits on?
youtube.com/watch?v=pQeQ5hYhqjc

Was all that gear splitting really nesses . .necsesar . . nescessa . . needed though?
Even the Bob Eddolls freighter :laughing:

Really good film, it was great spotting the old firms now gone.

Brings back lots of childhood memories. Thanks for posting the video!

That makes me feel old. In my memory it was only a few weeks ago.

That brings back some fond memories, get to the front of the queue open door and have coffee money ready, :smiley: ah them where the days.

Not watched it all only about 4mins of it “waiting rest later”

Surprised not to hear any Barrrp Barrp or flash of the lights :slight_smile:

Nice to go back to the days when the tracksuit brigade were in the minority infact didn’t see one in that film

jacko22:
Nice to go back to the days when the tracksuit brigade were in the minority infact didn’t see one in that film

They were in fact a novelty back then. But the ost blockers I used to bump into when I started out were complete gentleman. The same cant be said for all the ones I meet these days.

turnip:

jacko22:

They were in fact a novelty back then. But the ost blockers I used to bump into when I started out were complete gentleman. The same cant be said for all the ones I meet these days.

how very true .your luck these days if there’s more than 2 Brits to a boat

Part two.Like has already been said,never seems like 17 years ago , also,seems like every other motor was an Erf !! :slight_smile:
youtube.com/watch?v=bow0CP6MgHM

Brit European with them ridiculously underpowered drawbar outfits.
And longens from holland with their Turkish drivers. All seems like yesterday.

turnip:

Parking on the Dunes without fear of picking up unwanted passengers and the Total not full of Taliban also seems like yesterday mate.

Suedehead:

turnip:

Parking on the Dunes without fear of picking up unwanted passengers and the Total not full of Taliban also seems like yesterday mate.

Good days !

and the food free re; britney, shuttle etc…

yuppie:
and the food free re; britney, shuttle etc…

And the free wine on Sealink French crewed boats, have a few and park up in the lines by the linkspan, happy days

excellent some old firms there brings back memorys,i have just seen more english trucks in that video than you sometimes see in a week abroad

Good memories of the free meals on Brittany ferries with a waiter/ess to wait on you, stealing the croissants and the ham/cheese put an end to that.

most got proper painted on sign writing, not ya sticky back plastic!

Just watched it and to my amazement at 3.17 and 3.44 minutes into the video there are a couple of Harvey’s transport Dafs on there whom I used to work for with another trucknet member on here dafdave. Can’t make out the drivers or reg on the trucks but still good to see times gone by. I had a 3300 back in them days with a black grill so Im sure the second Daf isn’t me.

Wow, fantastic footage from the year I passed my HGV licence.

With the exception of Edmund’s I don think any of the UK firms still exist, at least in the guise seen here. It’s hard to believe that European haulage has changed so much in only 17 years.

Saddle tanks, cab top sleepers,those early spec wagon and drags and ERFs all consigned to the history files.

Cheers
Neilf