Gas Alarms

Does anyone know where I can get a gas alarm, and the door locks that attach to the grab rails.

Ebay for gas alarms.

Halfords for motorbike strap…

We have gas alarms from weaco there good they plug into 12 or 24v socket so you can be turned on when needed or moved if in another truck.i find a ratchet strap works fine between door handles across cab its certainly the cheap option

no need for door straps. just put the seat belt through the door handle then return it to where you usualy clip it in.
and as for gas alarms. i’m prety convinced that the knock out gas stories are just stories written by people that had too much to drink and lost all the running money.

viperguardproducts.co.uk/ind … &Itemid=26

I’ve got one of these fitted to the centre console, a “Nerus LPG Gas Attack Alarm with Ether Alert”. It was there when I bought the truck.

I never actually activate it because as anyone with even the most basic understanding of chemistry will confirm, outside of Batman films there is no such thing as knockout gas. No doubt the previous owner fitted it after yet another of his drivers spunked his running money playing “Adders and Ladders” on the Dover-Calais ferry and then made up a tall tale to cover it up.

Sorry ,my mistake.Thought it was a thread about Brizzle Rovers.

Harry Monk:
I’ve got one of these fitted to the centre console, a “Nerus LPG Gas Attack Alarm with Ether Alert”. It was there when I bought the truck.

I never actually activate it because as anyone with even the most basic understanding of chemistry will confirm, outside of Batman films there is no such thing as knockout gas. No doubt the previous owner fitted it after yet another of his drivers spunked his running money playing “Adders and Ladders” on the Dover-Calais ferry and then made up a tall tale to cover it up.

Good to hear other people say this. I have been mocked many times for saying its a crock of ■■■■■■ ! I believe spetznaz tried some form of remote knock out gas once during the opera hostage situation. They killed half the people they were trying to rescue. But apparently some back street ne’er do wells can get ultra reliable foolproof gas. Hmmm right.

turnip:
Good to hear other people say this. I have been mocked many times for saying its a crock of ■■■■■■ !

Professor Hatch wouldn’t mock you, although you should bear in mind that he probably doesn’t know half as much about it as some fat bloke on the Euroshuttle. :smiley:

"Thank you for your enquiry. I would like to inform you that you are not the first enquirer with this question. Professor Hatch, our Clinical Advisor, has given the following previous comments:

"I can give you a categorical assurance that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious with ether without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time. Ether is an extremely pungent agent and a relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect of the air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a rag, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days and would be obvious to anyone the next day.

There are much more powerful agents around now, some of which are almost odourless. However, these would be unlikely to be able to achieve the effect you describe, and the cost would be huge enough to deter any thief unless he was after the crown jewels. The only practicable agent is probably the one used by the Russians in the Moscow siege - I advised the BBC on their programme about this. The general feeling is that they used an agent which is not available outside the KGB!

Finally, unsupervised anaesthesia, which is what we are really talking about is very dangerous. In the Moscow siege about 20% of victims died from asphyxia, because their airways were unprotected. If the reports you talk about are true I would have expected a significant number of deaths or cases of serious brain damage to have been reported."

I hope this information is helpful to you.

The Royal College of Anaesthetists "

I’ve heard many times about these gas attacks, first in Russia in 90s, later in Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal. Also caravanists in Sweden are said to be robbed using knock out gas. But the fact is there has never been any proof about knock out gas. They say it’s ether, starting fluid, but I’m not sure if it works. Maybe if you fill the whole cabin with it. They said in the late 90s one norwegian driver died in Porto because of gas but I have no better information about that. He had locked his cabin with load strap so the gas couldn’t get out because the robbers couldn’t open the door.

I had gas alarm in one truck but I couldn’t use it because every time I ■■■■■■ it started an alarm…

limeyphil:
no need for door straps. just put the seat belt through the door handle then return it to where you usualy clip it in.
and as for gas alarms. i’m prety convinced that the knock out gas stories are just stories written by people that had too much to drink and lost all the running money.

well as i don’t drink phil that shoots that theory out of the water. i got gassed on the shell at Kortrijk since then when in Belgium or Spain i strap the cab doors up at night .

Difficult as it is to argue against Professor Hatch,I give you this.A good and trusted friend who does enjoy a drink when appropriate,and the odd ‘flutter’ Anyway,tipped and loaded in Netherlands.Took a daily break in a busy layby in Belgium,early boat-get to Holyhead and w/e off was the plan.Woke up next morning,very late,head thumping.Cab cleared,left with boxer shorts and sleeping bag.Tacho showed no detours or overlong stops and place of loading confirmed he was fully clothed at time of loading.No running money supplied,so everything lost was his own.

It does go on i have two good mates one a none drinker who works at the firm i work for we don’t get running money so he had no reason to make it up this happened at ranst service area belgium the other was at wetteren to a mate who’s a owner driver same again no reason to make it up

nedbro:
It does go on i have two good mates one a none drinker who works at the firm i work for we don’t get running money so he had no reason to make it up this happened at ranst service area belgium the other was at wetteren to a mate who’s a owner driver same again no reason to make it up

Were they gassed or just didn’t woke up? I know some drivers that are almost impossible to wake up, you have to bang the door and rock the cabin for a long time before they wake up.

I got done at Tienen services in Belgium in March last year.
It’s a pretty scary experience :frowning:

If you ratchet strap the cab doors at night you will not have time to get out if the unit or trailer was on fire, time it by setting the alarm clock, and wear a blind fold, to see how long it takes, the smoke will get you first.The first two or three breaths of toxic smoke then it is death.

As for the gas these gangs use i heard a rumor that a belgie plod is to of said to a driver that it’s some type of gas used by the pest control industy, if true then they don’t give a fig if you die whilst they rob your possesions , It’s a case of parking up in the wrong place & at the wrong time , most drivers never get robbed or gased, I always try not to end up parked at a motorway services or picnic areas in belgium ,spain seems dodgy in certain areas near orange groves, Jonquera (truck park nr esso) is supposed to be very dodgy ,having said that i did leave the truck to buy some cigs, and beer, no one robbed the truck, but there again with all my gear in a 7.5tonner i probably looked like a english version of willibetz

tommy t:
As for the gas these gangs use i heard a rumor that a belgie plod is to of said to a driver that it’s some type of gas used by the pest control industy, if true then they don’t give a fig if you die whilst they rob your possesions , It’s a case of parking up in the wrong place & at the wrong time , most drivers never get robbed or gased, I always try not to end up parked at a motorway services or picnic areas in belgium ,spain seems dodgy in certain areas near orange groves, Jonquera (truck park nr esso) is supposed to be very dodgy ,having said that i did leave the truck to buy some cigs, and beer, no one robbed the truck, but there again with all my gear in a 7.5tonner i probably looked like a english version of willibetz

They may not give a fig if you die ?
I challenge you ( in a friendly manner ) or anyone else, to supply evidence of 1 driver dying in a gas attack !!!

I make no apologies for being blunt, however anyone who believes in this gassing malarkey or claims to have been a victim of it, is either a liar or living on a different planet. As the Royal College of Anaesthetists have stated time and again it is a MYTH.