Sat nav with Speed Camera warning banned in F

motoryzacja.interia.pl/wiadomosc … ch,1742800 sorry, source in Polish only.

1500 Euro and six points they charge for it from 5th of Jan 2012.

Also: 135 Euro and three points for using mobile phone in hand
135 Euro for non-emergency stopping on hard shoulder (or for driving on the hard shoulder).
They also noticed growing number of British drivers going down there, as they introduced new penalty for watching DVDs when driving - it will cost you 1500 Euro. :grimacing:
Also: motorbikers have to be wearing reflective elements on their clothes and buses carrying kids have to be fitted with alcoholometres.

I haven’t seen British drivers watching DVDs to be honest Orys.
I’ve seen the driver of a Dutch wagon doing it though.

Simon:
I haven’t seen British drivers watching DVDs to be honest Orys.
I’ve seen the driver of a Dutch wagon doing it though.

Yeah, you almost got my joke… :slight_smile:

I see a lot more Dutch wagons than I do British :laughing:

Simon:
I see a lot more Dutch wagons than I do British :laughing:

I know some who see a lot more British wagons than wagons from other countries, yet they still do some generalizing statements :slight_smile:

i got caught answering my phone just north of Paris last year the two cops had a good look around my truck then asked me to pay the fine for using the phone 20 euro i think they make the amounts up as they go along.
the amount you say it has been increased to seems to be alot
AND AS FOR SAT NAVS WITH SPEED CAMERA SETTINGS i heard 2 years ago about that may be just chinese wispers

The last I heard from France whilst IN France, was…They were only taking away, the warning signs for the cameras down. So if you speed, you have more chance of being caught. But in the 2 years I travelled through. I saw maybe 5 Gendarmes vehicles. And it’s a big country! :wink:

How are the French police going to know whether you have a satnav with speed camera warning?
The only way is if they stop you to look at it,which means an awful lot of cars and trucks to stop.

It has been against the law in Switzerland to use a speed camera warning device for several years,and the Swiss police have the power to seize the device and destroy it,but again,how do they know?

I have a Navigon device with truck software,and speed camera alerts and this is a quote from Navigon regarding the use of the speed camera alert:
Due to legal restrictions, traffic monitoring systems for Switzerland are not available. Furthermore: Installation or use of this databank is a misdemeanour in some European countries. Prior to purchasing and installing the databank, please inquire about the legal situation and possible legal consequences in the countries in which you intend to use it

KW:
How are the French police going to know whether you have a satnav with speed camera warning?

I know how they can caught people in Poland, where using of anti-radar devices is illegal: if you are followed by the Police car and you slow down suddenly for hidden camera, that gives them a hint that you might have one on board.

orys:

KW:

I know how they can caught people in Poland, where using of anti-radar devices is illegal: if you are followed by the Police car and you slow down suddenly for hidden camera, that gives them a hint that you might have one on board.

On the other hand, if you’re speeding and then notice a Police car behind you, you’re quite likely to slow down fairly quickly. It might be coincidental that this happens in the vicinity of a hidden camera :laughing:

Simon:
On the other hand, if you’re speeding and then notice a Police car behind you, you’re quite likely to slow down fairly quickly. It might be coincidental that this happens in the vicinity of a hidden camera :laughing:

This is the whole point of using UNMARKED police cars :wink:

orys:

Simon:

You didn’t mention it was an unmarked police car :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Simon:

orys:

Simon:

You didn’t mention it was an unmarked police car :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Yeah, I also did not mentioned that it has wheels and stuff. Do you want me to clarify other things which I expected to be obvious? :slight_smile:

Well the joy of always being in a foreign vehicle or holding a foreign is you never need to slow down for cameras. :wink:

switchlogic:
Well the joy of always being in a foreign vehicle or holding a foreign is you never need to slow down for cameras. :wink:

Well, that’s the joy of being in British or Irish vehicle (or foreign vehicle on the Isles). Most of the countries in Europe do already have mutual agreements regarding that.

switchlogic:

Not necessarily,I got flashed by a camera in the tunnels through Basel a few years ago and got a ticket arrive in the post 6 weeks later!

KW:
Not necessarily,I got flashed by a camera in the tunnels through Basel a few years ago and got a ticket arrive in the post 6 weeks later!

And you live in Belgium. QED :wink:

orys:

switchlogic:

Well, that’s the joy of being in British or Irish vehicle (or foreign vehicle on the Isles). Most of the countries in Europe do already have mutual agreements regarding that.

I’m always a foreigner. As a Brit in an Irish truck I don’t have to worry about Irish fines and don’t have to worry about British cameras either.

orys:

KW:

And you live in Belgium. QED :wink:

Just goes to show how efficient the Swiss police are :unamused: :confused:

orys:
Yeah, I also did not mentioned that it has wheels and stuff. Do you want me to clarify other things which I expected to be obvious? :slight_smile:

Might as well, you usually submit at least an essay whenever you reply to anything.