Interesting fact regarding french tolls

well im sitting here at home feeding the baby at 1.30 in the morning decide to read the paper lo and behold the transport minister for italy is spouting of how the french discriminate against trucks how you ask ? well the french pay 5 million euros fine every year as the wonderfull people in brussels have decreeded that there are no alternative free roads for trucks to take when there is a truck ban where as cars coaches etc can continue but in germany if and when the ill fated maut comes in there is a alternative. but what about austria the minister asks i think he should look in his own back yard what do you think ?

Slicker as to the fine I don´t know but the driving ban laws in both countries are two different kettles of fish.

France it is a general ban on all roads with exceptions for certain types of freight i.e. perishables

In Germany you have two types of ban the general one for Sundays and Bank holidays where driving is prohibited on all types of roads and the partial one for Saturadays in the holiday season where certain stretches of motorway and Bundesstrasse have a ban and others do not.