Malta Horror

As some of you know im a Brit living and working in Malta,
I started My first week with a big haulage company last week.
My first day i turned up at the yard full of great expectations and ready to go.

I Saw the Yard Boss walking around and walked up to him introduced my self with a Good morning, I Got !! ‘‘Wait over there’’? thinking it was a long stand joke i did as asked 45 mins later a beaten up scania pulled in to the yard.

‘’ Take that ‘’ he told me ? I set off to the port to pick up a container i little worried as this truck was ■■■■■■ with a capital F .

Wile at the port i introduced my self to some of the other drivers waiting 1 of them spoke English so i asked him what i was to do as its my first day and i have no idea what’s going on. The guy helped me sort my day out Great for me until noon ? i asked when is break? after i have been driving around 5 hours a this point (DiGI) Thay dont use it nor taco. the guy told me we dont have a break (■■■■) i asked you must finish early then No we finish anywhere between 7.30pm-9.30pm. i saw this as a fact i was still moving at 8pm my self very tired . i pulled in to the Yard the boss shouted (5 am tomorow ) to me ■■■■ that was a shock as my day finished at 9pm this went on all week till i told the boss to shove his bloody job right up his arse . And This is being a Trucker■■?

I did a few days in Malta moving trailers down to the docks from the film studios around 1992/93 time, I’ve got to say I thought the Maltese where a great bunch of lads that put me right on what to do etc. I thought the locals in the cafes bars etc where smashing too. Maybe this EU thing has ■■■■■■ another good place too by the sound of it :imp:

Fly sheet

Brit in Malta:
As some of you know im a Brit living and working in Malta,
I started My first week with a big haulage company last week.
My first day i turned up at the yard full of great expectations and ready to go.

I Saw the Yard Boss walking around and walked up to him introduced my self with a Good morning, I Got !! ‘‘Wait over there’’? thinking it was a long stand joke i did as asked 45 mins later a beaten up scania pulled in to the yard.

‘’ Take that ‘’ he told me ? I set off to the port to pick up a container i little worried as this truck was [zb] with a capital F .

Wile at the port i introduced my self to some of the other drivers waiting 1 of them spoke English so i asked him what i was to do as its my first day and i have no idea what’s going on. The guy helped me sort my day out Great for me until noon ? i asked when is break? after i have been driving around 5 hours a this point (DiGI) Thay dont use it nor taco. the guy told me we dont have a break ([zb]) i asked you must finish early then No we finish anywhere between 7.30pm-9.30pm. i saw this as a fact i was still moving at 8pm my self very tired . i pulled in to the Yard the boss shouted (5 am tomorow ) to me [zb] that was a shock as my day finished at 9pm this went on all week till i told the boss to shove his bloody job right up his arse . And This is being a Trucker■■?

Are these not the questions you should have asked before you started working for this “big company?”

As Malta is a small island its probably not wise to burn too many bridges so soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Respect is Key.

Pay peanuts get monkeys im no monkey. there’s no excuse for ignorance. After all with out drivers there’s no trucks but then there’s the soft asses who keep stum and put up with slave labour more fool you.

no comment ■■? i have a valid point . who the hell would spend hundreds of pounds to carry boxes and do ■■■■■■ work for ■■■■■■ pay ? get a grip guys you own the roads we all love driving but dont you think its getting a little bit of a thickos job ( ah ask a truck driver he has no brain sell ) im not being degrading but as i say with out truck drivers theres nothing as you all know so why put up with the tosh that comes with it. example a Yacht skipper dose a course for around the same cost as a hGV driver. thay get full respect 10,000 a week for sat on there arse telling some ■■■ decky what to do. im not out for a war but i think drivers are classed as thickos and im not having any of it.

my tant over

Point taken! :open_mouth: