Internet access in mainland Europe

I’m getting a bit fed up with having no internet access when I do a trip over the water, 3g’s prices work out at about 40 pence to read just one simple internet page- this, for example.

Is there any type of dongle-based deal which is remotely sensible?

Harry in which country do you travel to the most
plus there are many places in Germany that have free
access, One of those who use there laptop often will
come on and give their advice as I am not as well
informed as them there is a list being put together
if you look down through this Euro site, you will find it
It was Started by Welshboyin Spain,

apart from 3g which you can use in Italy and Sweden, all of them are expensive, the only way round it is to have contracts in each country you use, and that would not be too easy, there are quite a few different hotspots that are free around Europe, it is just a case of working out where they are…Mc Donalds is one, lots of hotels have them, and quite a few bars do now, not many truck stops though.

I usualy ask if I can log on when I am at any company with internet and mostly they let me, but they are partner companys with the one I work for.

In France all the Acor group hotels have Wi-Fi, ( Formula1,Campamille,B&B ,Ibis) which are normaly on Centre Commercial,s or ZI,s so access should be easy.

there is a thread on here harry for free wifi access around europe and as we all find more we can post the places for all to share
if you want to buy a dongle in france there is one from bouygtelle for 29.90 euros which includes 20 euros of credit
spain have the same with orange for the same price and you can top them up when empty at cashpoints with your bank card

I think the one you mean WBiS is Boygues Telecom, its Forfait Internet Illimite 3G @29eur per month.

kerbut:
I think the one you mean WBiS is Boygues Telecom, its Forfait Internet Illimite 3G @29eur per month.

sorry for the spelling kerbut!!!
i went into the big supermarket at poitiers south and there is a carphone warehouse in there and they have the dongle for 29.90 one off payment including 20 euros credit then just top up at cashpoint. not contract one.

from the man in the van near milan i can tell u that some of the italian services have wifi it is usuallly sign posted on the motorway if it has it.

though this is a paid for service, I’m on a service provided by a company called linkem’s it cost me 12.90euro for 24hrs access, and as seeing as its 24hrs till my collection its worth it for me. 1 hour is charged at 6.40euro odd. if u come to italy alot a years access on any linkem hopspot is 180euros for the whole year.

Glen

Was in Auchan in Strasbourg today and have bought an Internet Dongle for the Orange Network for 39.90euros it comes with 6 hours on it already and there is a cash back deal available where orange will credit you 30euros into your bank account.

new service for wifi,
vivonne routier now has wifi at a bargain price of 2euro for 24 hours :open_mouth:
just don’t tell them how cheap it is when you buy the voucher :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Internet point at Andumar truckstop,at Bailen,Spain,not the old BP place,it is the last garage going south.

toby1234abc:
Internet point at Andumar truckstop,at Bailen,Spain,not the old BP place,it is the last garage going south.

I thought you had to pay for that one :confused:

One euro an hour,there is an internet point on the Irun to Vitoria road,Spain,at the other Andumar site,next door to the Patinter depot on the National 1.