Tillys puig, spain

facebook.com/tillyymiguel/a … nref=about

Hi, just found this site from the owner of a truckstop in Goole!!
does anyone remember Tillys restaraunt in Puig Spain? i have spoken to many drivers but no one seems to have heard of it.
I used to stop there regularly throughout the late eighties/ early ninties.
Also Campogaliano in Italy…where we would have B.B.Q’s at the weekend. i was working for a German company called Heggerman International at the time and re-loaded bloody tiles from Modena.
Thanks Smudge.

ye i rember tillys and campo

Eh… where have all the replies to this thread gone??

Ross.

Ah, I see, it’s somehow been repeated… :sunglasses:

YES I REMEMBER TILLIS ALONGTIME AGO WE USED TO PARK IN FRONT OF BARANDONPARK INFRONT OF MONASTERY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH CENTRE OF VALENCIA THEN NO RING ROAD WE USED TO LOAD ORANGES AT EVIAN BARCHETA DO REVISION AT CILLA IF KNOCKED BACK RUN TO VILLAMALLI FOR NEXT MORNING NO PROBLEM THERE

yeah tried it a couple of times, no thanks ! :laughing:

Oh Ross, I used to use it the fat cow and Miguel ,she used to have that big wart on her back, pick up a spoon out of the cutlery tray at the bottom of the stairs (we used to eat in the basement )and scratch it ,then put the spoon back, I soon gave up there after being broken into twice and went to the Belgian bar by the sea.

Edit to add : Yes revision behind the Shell petrol; station in Cilla

smudge123:
Hi, just found this site from the owner of a truckstop in Goole!!
does anyone remember Tillys restaraunt in Puig Spain? i have spoken to many drivers but no one seems to have heard of it.
I used to stop there regularly throughout the late eighties/ early ninties.
Also Campogaliano in Italy…where we would have B.B.Q’s at the weekend. i was working for a German company called Heggerman International at the time and re-loaded bloody tiles from Modena.
Thanks Smudge.

Hi smudge123,

I remember hearing of Tilly’s, but even though I did paper reels to, and onions from, Valencia, I don’t recall ever having been there. I remember clearing import at Valencia customs, but IIRC, export revision was at Sagunto (but I’m not 100% on that :blush: ) at a circular building that looked like a hub and spokes once there were a few trucks backed on to the inspection area.

Now Campogalliano is a different story for me. Happy days!! :smiley:
Lots of agents, large truck park that wasn’t a bombsite and a fairly quick (for Italy :unamused: ) clearance, decent resto and truck repair garage and a handy vineyard for scrumping grapes very close by.
10/10 to Campogalliano for providing everything needed at one site. :wink: :grimacing:

Oh, and I forget how many times I’ve loaded tiles around the Modena area. D
Some of the industrial areas on the other side of the A1 were nothing but tile factories, so getting lost looking for several collections around them was too easy!! :blush: :blush:

kerbut:
Oh Ross, I used to use it the fat cow and Miguel ,she used to have that big wart on her back, pick up a spoon out of the cutlery tray at the bottom of the stairs (we used to eat in the basement )and scratch it ,then put the spoon back, I soon gave up there after being broken into twice and went to the Belgian bar by the sea.

Belgian bar was a lot better food wise and less chance of getting broken into and less Brits looking to take on the whole planet :unamused: revision was either Silla or Sagunto or if too late a quick gallop up to Villamalla

Same dress through the whole summer , was the attraction , yes i went to the Beilgums, wasnt Campo a few miles away as in another country

Vascoingles:

kerbut:

Belgian bar was a lot better food wise and less chance of getting broken into and less Brits looking to take on the whole planet :unamused: revision was either Silla or Sagunto or if too late a quick gallop up to Villamalla

The better option if running south empty to load Valencia was ‘The Dutchmans’ @ Peniscola, I have to admit that I did have a thing for the lady who ran the place Manuela, wow, fit as a butchers dog!! A few of us would jump into one unit & go into the resort for the day, hire a rowing boat of a couple of pedelo’s and do our best to annoy the German tourists:)

Ross.

PS, anyone remember ‘The Dutchmans’? it was on the N134, on the left in a dip when heading south.

Yeh,I remember Tillys and campo.
We used to drop trls in Puig fruit market, near Modesto’s office (get back loads of him) and run over to Tilly’s.
I decided once to park the unit on the beach at Puig cos it was easier to sleep with the nice sea breeze, you could drive onto the beach close to the beach bar and it was solid enough to take the weight.
But this time some SCROTE decided he would put the side window through and empty the cab, including my dirty washing, I was wearing shorts, vest & flip flops and thats what I came home in.

There were be better Spanish restuarants in Puig than Tillys. Only ate there once. Dodgy parking & Brits. In the old days the main road ran right past Tillys & there was no room to park. Used to load onions for Berlin around that area.

I’ve been in there a few times, she used to hand out calenders to her favourite customers, I’ve got one somewhere, she must’ve taken a shine to me in my younger days as I never went there much more than three or four times :sunglasses:

There was a Belgian bird that worked in there, Fina was her name IIRC, that was late 80s :wink:

Spent a few days there in the mid-80’s when I worked for BRS Peterborough. We’d had a truck stolen, and
it had been spotted in the area, so accompanied by one of our mechanics, we based ourselves there for
a few days, hoping to glean any information from regulars in the area.
To be fair, we were well looked after, and I also remember going down to the beach where we had a
great night out.
To conclude the story, we eventually found the truck, although there’s much more to the tale.

Didnt baileys of down bognor regis way have a spanish office near there?

used to go to campo when i ran down to italy for mezario about 1988. then a few years later was subbing for cyril knowles and used to get reloads of modesto, tillys was a handy place to go, not the best, but by far not the worst. either place you could nearly always bump into someone you knew, or find info for a delivery or reload address. stopped going over in 2001 after many happy years, still miss it. i suppose you only remember the good bits though, and not all the crap and hassle that went with it too.

richmond:

you always found solstore there, but can’t remeber any office for baileys…it was a long time ago tho

jimti:

richmond:

you always found solstore there, but can’t remeber any office for baileys…it was a long time ago tho

Must’ve been after my time on there then, I had to stop visiting downmarket places like Tillys when I started on there, we were far too important to mix with the peasants :laughing:

Tilly’s was not downmarket but the Spanish places were much better value & food.
Her Blackpool twang used to brass me off, had a voice like a geezer.