costly fimo

hello, this is my first posting on this forum anyone near the french/spanish border,been and still am a trucker with more than 20yrs worth of grey hair to show for it,any one know how to avoid the [ZB] fimo,just been told i have to go back to school to be told how to park a truck and load a trailer other wise no can work. :confused:

Minor language edit. If you have to put little stars in to get it past the word censor that’s the clue that it’s not allowed. Coffeeholic. :wink:

I take it you are resident in France, and drive a French registered wagon??

I was working for a French company last year (from a depot in Scotland), driving French registered wagons. We were being put through a 1 week(ish) course. It could be, I am pretty sure, conducted in english and mainly consisted of going through the UK drivers guide to tacho rules etc. I’me afraid that its compulsory to the best of my knowledge. Best just grit your teeth n grin n bear it.

There was a thread about it in the old forums, if you want to check it out its [u]here[/u]. That isn’t the one I was looking for, but I can’t find it now. You could try trawling through the old forums, it was last year so that will cut down on how much you would have to go through. Sorry I can’t help more.

Thanks for the reply simon looks like bit the bullet time and dig deep,not yet driving over here for aliving but because i,ve not drivern left handers for a while, took a few hours in a SUPER LOIRD a forty ton MAN broke my heart to pay to drive a truck.the instucter turned up an hour late doubled booked! :confused:

Bonjour du Nord!

And another one bites the dust here in France! Yeah, it’s a tough business the FIMO, although if you’ve got plenty of years behind you then you shouldn’t even be looking at FIMO but FCOS. If you can prove you were driving trucks full time at least 2 years before 1995 you can do FCOS, which only takes a couple of days and costs about 300 euros.

I keep intending to do it, but while I can make a living without it I’ve not chased it any farther.

The other point is, did you know that the new minimum training regulation, which is supposedly now in force in the UK is a European-wide qualification? IF (big if) you can get ticketed up in the UK then the french have to accept it. Alternatively, why not work for ND as I believe they can fix you up through their UK operation - must be worth a call.

Hope that’s of help, et bienvenue en France.

Craig

bonjour craig,ca va and all that,good to have laugh in english because another one bites the dust is spot on,just been knocking down part of wall to make a doorway and are covered in dust.Will look into to the fcos,but suspect the french will want a translation and three copies,anyway I,am down here and will be staying for a good while and don,t intend to be knocking walls for ever,where abouts in cornwall you,re from,used to to do a 3 day trip down there,great in the winter could,nt move in the summer,smokey joe,s big breakfast kept the cold away until dinner time pasties filled the gap.Northern france must be like home from home(cold in the winter and full of tourists in the summer).Thanks for the info.