La jonquera.

Is it that safe to park around that area anymore,with incidents of gas attacks.Thought there would be some safety in numbers.See a lot of the ladies of the day on patrol,and further down on the national.Best bet Zona Franca.

The safest place to park anywhere near La Junquera is just off turn off 3 at the parking at transportes Padrosa.
La Junquera is too hit and miss securtiy wise as is Zona Franca, the whole of Barcelona to be honest unless you know your way around.

That is correct.The Basque police admit there is a problem with the East coast areas around Valencia and Barcelona,they must receive crime data reports.Even in the 1990s would hear driver stories,whether true or not,of gangs operating at un loading points,with distraction techniques,like "you have a puncture,or a fire",while leaving the cab un locked,and the contents quickly emptied.Myself,while in the loo for 2 minutes,to brush the gnashers,an ambulance parked up by the cab,at the BP,before you turn left to head up to the Teruel road,after Valencia,he said if i had 2 drivers as one was in my cab.Money and clothes,but left passport.Strange thing was,a few hours up the road,the ambulance was heading south near Daroraca,the medieval town with the ham legs hanging by the road.It had to be the same man,up to no good,probaly a stolen ambulance,an old one,like an estate car,and German plates.The 80s,Barcelona had to clear out the gypsies near the port,and the German driver who had his throat cut in the showers,while having his wallet stolen.Even the police would not go alone in to the orange groves,but once in a while have a massive clear out of the immigrants without papers.Never had a problem in Euskadi or Navara,and France seems to be ok.

There were a few incidents in Euskadi last year mainly around Vitoria.

They never did find out who it was

but as coincidence would have it a couple of undesirables were found in Vitoria hospital with several badly broken bones just around the time that the thefts stopped :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Vascoingles:
There were a few incidents in Euskadi last year mainly around Vitoria.

They never did find out who it was

but as coincidence would have it a couple of undesirables were found in Vitoria hospital with several badly broken bones just around the time that the thefts stopped :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

my boss told me when i first started for him i could park anywhere in basque as our company have been loading up there for years and if you upset the wrong people you end up in hospital :sunglasses:
after all its not just the irish paramilitaries that knee cap you eta are pretty ruthless too

as far as la jonquera is concerned very bad up there now one of ours was robbed last week they emptied his truck while he was having meal, they took everything even his clothes. i know i’m going to get flak off some people on here but the place is full of eastern europeans who are paid terribhly so what do you expect

welshboyinspain:
i know i’m going to get flak off some people on here but the place is full of eastern europeans who are paid terribhly so what do you expect

well this “poor eastern european” was almost robbed by a spaniard last year, still I don’t think they’re all thieving ■■■■■■■■ now do I.

milodon:

welshboyinspain:
i know i’m going to get flak off some people on here but the place is full of eastern europeans who are paid terribhly so what do you expect

well this “poor eastern european” was almost robbed by a spaniard last year, still I don’t think they’re all thieving [zb] now do I.

most spanish trucks now driven by RO BG or UA so unless you spoke to him how did you know he was spanish? how can you be almost robbed? did you catch the thieving bar steward and give him a good hiding?

well he conned me out of the cab in Almansa and was definitely of the local origin, without a good security system I would have lost everything I had in the cab for sure.

Hi i parked in La jonquera about 5 years ago at about lunchtime in broad daylight at a large supermarket come filling station, i had a quick shower and bought a few provisions, i left the truck unattended for 20 - 30mins when i returned my door was unlocked although not damaged(im 99% sure i locked it) and found my fuel cards missing everything else was as i left it including camera phone etc, I had hidden my cards behind the dashboard having just fueled up but after i had parked next to a spanish registered truck with the driver inside (maybe foolish on my behalf but hindsight is a wonderfull thing) im not saying it was him for sure but whoever stole the cards went straight to them and no one else knew they were there, my fuel card was abused the same day in Spain for a lot more than it would take to fill up one truck.
After the event i heard a lot of similar stories from other drivers around that area and personaly i would avoid the place like the plague. :neutral_face:

Personally, Ive never (yet) had a problem, but there are certainly loads of Taleban hanging a round waiting for loads - doing the Spanish out od work too. One place I would never park though is further south at Sagunto. James who was it that got turned over at La Jonquera?

I got robbed at the repsol garage at la jonquera about 2 years ago,was away only about 20 min at cafe came back and noticed my passenger side door lock twisted-lost my laptop.mobile and 2 fuel cards-got the police down but they were not interested-happening every day they say-this happened about 14.00 in broad daylight.Consider fitting protekdor door locks if you are travelling to spain and also a safe to store valuables like wallet, fuel card passport sat nav etc.

Hombre:
Personally, Ive never (yet) had a problem, but there are certainly loads of Taleban hanging a round waiting for loads - doing the Spanish out od work too. One place I would never park though is further south at Sagunto. James who was it that got turned over at La Jonquera?

Mark, it was rafa’s brother got robbed in the CEPSA and more recently John who drives our fridge was robbed in sagunto whilst in the shower, nicked all his clothes as well as money and cards
i see you’re home for the weekend do you fancy a beer sunday? :sunglasses:
i’m tipping malaga monday right next door to the office :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Park down at club Dallas , give the guard a couple of euros and you will be ok, don’t eat in there too dear, Eat at the hotel National then park, and if you are lonely go and see the girls, very nice i’m told