astrans

anyone know what c hooper is doing now that astrans have gone,
has he got other work or hung up the keys

geordie

Just found that a Destination Doha DVD is on sale on Ebay with 3 days to go and is currently at £28 :sunglasses:

This has been posted before but go to www.toprun.ch and look at this site
you can also preview the dvd,s and there are quite a few for sale okay not all in english but you can follow the secenery and that is first class.

geordie:
anyone know what c hooper is doing now that astrans have gone,
has he got other work or hung up the keys

geordie

I was talking with Steev from Trucking magazine out in Germany last week and he told me that Chris Hooper has gone back out to the Middle East again, apparently for Astran. Steev had tried to call him only to be told that he was somewhere the other side of Turkey. Where there’s a will…

WHAT DID SOME ONE ONCE SAY:THERE IS NO CURE FOR THIS
DESEASE KNOWN AS ““TRUCK DRIVER”” THE BEST OF LUCK TO HIM:

Do Astrans still exist, is chris hooper still about , seen some articles in truck
mags about him but it was quite a while back

Yes they still exist,saw one of their trailers a couple of months ago,though all the trucks are now owner drivers.
Wonder how the Iraq war is affecting them and how far they go now?

Yep, as Keith says, their trailers are still about and I see them now and again.

Apparently Chris Hooper and several of Astran’s trucks are stuck down in Kuwait at present. One of my freelance colleagues is down there with them and it looks like they may be quite a while yet …

my mate rob bradley is working for dave hogg (hoggsped). they do all the “exotic” stuff. he reckons theyve got three trls going out to iran this summer on astrans behalf. ive volunteered :exclamation: :exclamation: but only as a one off! i dont think ill get to go but itd be an experience :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

The problem Jonboy@rh is the visas. It is too expensive to do a one off unless you already got them with RH.

I spoke to Cy Elliot about this earlier in the year

I did the second man job with Hoggsped when they moved the pods for the big wheel from Grenoble to Dartford

Stiller shifted the pods for the wheel from Grenoble!

how many pods is there on the wheel?

I think you will find that stillers shifted some of them.

the wrk was subbed out to people who had low enough stepframes

Craig 111:
Apparently Chris Hooper and several of Astran’s trucks are stuck down in Kuwait at present. One of my freelance colleagues is down there with them and it looks like they may be quite a while yet …

Wondered were Chris had got to have they got the clearance problems sorted yet? Is Roger Rabbit and the guy driving the scania for him down there as well,
the one that is writing the book on the middle east he was in harry’s in Athens a few months ago talking about it, sounded quite interesting seem to recall there were a few old middle east hands from the 70’s and 80’s about that nite, but then things moved on to more important issues like ouzo tasting

I ran with a bloke called Dave Pulton to Cosavo a few years ago, he was driving an old 113 SCANIA that was owned by ASTRANS, I am sure that it has died a death by now, :exclamation: last year I was stopped at the shuttle terminal in France by customs and another Astrans driver was also pulled with chicken ■■■ on board in very large sacks (about 5 filled the trailer) I am sure his unit was signed as Astrans and was an IVECO…the X-ray showed something odd in his load so there was loads of C&E blokes crawling around in the said ■■■ trying to find out what the X-ray was picking up…It turned out to be a dead chicken…We did laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sometimes getting pulled by customs is OK

Jimti,

Oh jeez, I just love that chicken ■■■ yarn! Sets you thinking though doesn’t it?
I reckon there’s lots of little truckin’ brains busy thinking up new wheezes for the customs right this minute. Reminds me of the time at Aosta when the eyeties were pulling my load of magazines from Milan to pieces looking for those horrible horror/■■■■■ comics they are so struck on, only to find 20 tonnes of Wickes catalogues.

Doesn’t compare to chicken ■■■ though!

Salut, David.

jimti i`m not doubting your word. BUT WHY ARE WE IMPORTING CHICKEN ■■■ :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s for Parliament I think, so they can pass it on to us as policy’s

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

With reference to Craig111 comments earlier on this thread, Craig, are they still down in Kuwait? How many trucks etc? You state that one of your freelance colleagues is with them,is he a driver and can we expect a story in one of the trucking mags at some point? Cheers for any info Craig, its a very interesting subject.

Maybe you could persuade one of Astrans directors to post something on here, giving us abit of an insight as to what they still do, where they still go etc!! I know that they have a website, but it would be interesting to hear something a bit more specific.

Food for thought anyway, Cheers.

Bullitt.