European CPC holder required

Hi,

I have posted this in the jobs section but am posting here also as it maybe a relevant place.

We are a small mountain bike holiday company operating in the France, Italy and the UK and we are looking for someone to consult to us on our small fleet of VW minibuses, there are 4 in total. This would be on a basis where the individual would invoice us for a pre-agreed yearly amount, and can be in addition to any other employment they currently undertake.

For details please send an email on ben@mtbbeds.com

The cynic in me thinks this is a cheap way of advertising your business as apposed to a job advert.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
The cynic in me thinks this is a cheap way of advertising your business as apposed to a job advert.

Definitely not. Quite an odd place for me to advertise mountain bike holidays!

We are looking for somebody and I thought this might be the place to find them.

Cheers!

mtbbeds.com/

Looks great fun - Shame i’m too old and fat .

I forgot to mention that saddle looks very uncomfortable too.

What precisely do you mean by a “minibus” ? I don’t claim to know about Passenger Carrying TM criteria, but in haulage a minibus wouldn’t be heavy enought to come under O-licence criteria and thus would not need a TM

OwenMoney:
https://www.mtbbeds.com/

Looks great fun - Shame i’m too old and fat .

I forgot to mention that saddle looks very uncomfortable too.

You’re as honest and accurate as ever, mate…

Zac_A:
What precisely do you mean by a “minibus” ? I don’t claim to know about Passenger Carrying TM criteria, but in haulage a minibus wouldn’t be heavy enought to come under O-licence criteria and thus would not need a TM

9 seater van.

Our French transport license requires a CPC holder.

MTB BEDS:

Zac_A:

9 seater van.

So you need someone with a French CPC for a minibus ?
As for you Franglais, you can buy the coffee ya cheeky so ‘n’ so.

OwenMoney:

MTB BEDS:

Zac_A:

9 seater van.

Not necessarily a French CPC, any European issued certificate, Irish, Polish, Dutch, as long as it is valid in Europe, it is valid for our license.

MTB BEDS:

OwenMoney:

MTB BEDS:

Zac_A:

9 seater van.

Not necessarily a French CPC, any European issued certificate, Irish, Polish, Dutch, as long as it is valid in Europe, it is valid for our license.

Not a UK one any more, of course.

fleet.ie/latest-notice-from-dep … nager-cpc/

OK. Owen. Coffees on me.
Even if I am older and fatter than you.

So what kind of French transport license do you have ? Do you have a different license for Italy ?

Certainly in France the road transport manager cpc is different from the road passenger cpc. This is the same for drivers as there is a specific cpc for bus drivers which would mean the o/p is looking for a very specific person.

Thanks for the link Franglais. Shame that entitlement ended in December. Stupid Brexit. Trying to change my UK transport manager cpcs into the equal French certs was not worth the hassle.

As for the coffee the last time you paid, the lady refused the old white fiver and complained about the moths from your wallet . :smiley:

OwenMoney:
So what kind of French transport license do you have ? Do you have a different license for Italy ?

Certainly in France the road transport manager cpc is different from the road passenger cpc. This is the same for drivers as there is a specific cpc for bus drivers which would mean the o/p is looking for a very specific person.

Thanks for the link Franglais. Shame that entitlement ended in December. Stupid Brexit. Trying to change my UK transport manager cpcs into the equal French certs was not worth the hassle.

As for the coffee the last time you paid, the lady refused the old white fiver and complained about the moths from your wallet . :smiley:

We can operate our French transport license in Italy as a French company. Our Italian subsidiary also allows for transport of clients who have booked through us (ie not a taxi service), which is all we use it for. Up to 9 seats drivers are not required to hold a CPC.

Brexit is causing untold problems for so many industries, transport and tourism (at least tourism for companies like ours) and this is one more of those frustrating hurdles unfortunately.