Swopping Ferries

Just a quick heads up. Swopping ferries can now involve changes to paperwork. Just like “the good old days” there are ports of entry entered on the customs papers we now deal with. So if your docs are made up for a short channel crossing and you want to swop for a western channel crossing the docs need changing.
Pay to cancel one set, and pay to generate a new set.
If the client is providing the docs they may well specify which route the truck uses.

Franglais:
Just a quick heads up. Swopping ferries can now involve changes to paperwork. Just like “the good old days” there are ports of entry entered on the customs papers we now deal with. So if your docs are made up for a short channel crossing and you want to swop for a western channel crossing the docs need changing.
Pay to cancel one set, and pay to generate a new set.
If the client is providing the docs they may well specify which route the truck uses.

Ahaa :bulb:
This explains my bosses concern last week.
On Wed’ I was given my reload home details and the ferry crossing to use for Thursday.
As it turned out, the loading took a bit longer than usual. Then there was a delay on my intended route, then a delay on my redirected route. None of them particularly significant on their own, but all together it made my predicted arrival time a little later than our ferry liked. When I phoned in my eta, there was an expression of concern from my boss :smiley:
However, I made the ferry with at least 30 seconds to spare, so there had been nothing for me or the boss to be concerned about :unamused: :laughing:

30 seconds…

Ahhh.
Sounds like when I missed the Zee…
Never mind…:wink:

Franglais:
30 seconds…

Ahhh.

How do you swoop a ferry ?

robthedog:

Franglais:
30 seconds…

Ahhh.

Swop not Swoop. (Change route)

Franglais:
30 seconds…

Ahhh.

Cue Tarmaceater

Anyone want to buy some shoes, can meet by the boat house in Hereford?

Ah, but what colour is it?

Sapper

Green .

Franglais:

robthedog:

Franglais:
30 seconds…

Ahhh.

Swop not Swoop. (Change route)

Over my head.jpg

Swoop the ferry is what the aircraft pilot did back in the 70s/80s between Poole and Cherbourg.

Gidders:
Swoop the ferry is what the aircraft pilot did back in the 70s/80s between Poole and Cherbourg.

Ah ! Often heard of that, but t’was before my time. Being a shuttle bus pilot might have been a bit boring for the driver, I guess.
Never happen today.
youtu.be/xTJYNq4GQAE

It would be fair to say he was a fraction eccentric with a strange sense of humour.
He shuffled onto the aircraft one day with dark glasses carrying a white stick then went straight to the cockpit.
Anxious looks and an intense silence among the passengers.
As you say,modern h and s regs don’t allow for a sense of humour.

I have heard about this Poole to Cherbourg pilot and told he was one hell of a crazy guy who would carry out in flight manoeuvres and throw the aircraft around just for the fun of it to scare the passengers or “ Victims “ and accounts of dive bombing .
The RAF carry out steep descents in to hostile territory to avoid RPG or small arms fire in Afghanistan or Iraq /Syria but this guy takes the biscuit .
A long and slow approach in VFR gives the enemy time to muster in to action so it’s all outside and interior lighting off and hope for the best .