Towards the tunnel this morning

Tarmaceater:
Are there any Portaloo facilities available, or it’s a number two inside the cab in to a supermarket bag ?

Absolutely zilch facilities.

Last week joined the queue for Dunkirk a few clicks north of the Belgian border at 6.25pm. Stop/Start all the way until I got into my lane at 01.55 am next morning for the 12.00 midday ferry.

Until I met the queue I thought I would be on the 8 pm ferry so that was a 16 hour delay due to high demand, of which 7.5 hours was stop/start so that would give “Portaloo” it’s true meaning if such a mobile device existed :open_mouth:

For info the man said there is parking space in Dunkirk for 5 ferry loads of wagons and as one departs every 2 hours that allows one to park in the lanes for 10 hours.

Unfortunately there was an 8 sailing backlog thus the stop/start for 23km.

Have spent 2 similar mornings on the M20 recently, about 6 hours of stop/start but I was already knackered before it even started so total misery, head nodding stuff, with even less facilities.

Thus I have “declined” Euro work via ‘The Channel” until further notice unless there is a significant increase in the pesos.