Belgian satelic obu

has anyone else had an email saying that because of leaving the EU we cannot have the advantageous rates to transit or work within Belgium, so the OBU should be returned by the 15th of December 2020, and if you want one to use the roadside collection locations in Belgium and return it on leaving, that could get very expensive as the deposit is about 140 euro and thats not coming out of the machine when returned so you could have a lot of money waiting to be credited to your account,

That’s not quite what it says!

Just can’t return it by post is all

Would it not be worth getting the AS24 box? One box does everywhere and means you can actually see out of the windscreen :slight_smile:

iguana is correct, carry on as normal, you just need to deposit it in belgium if wanting to return it, no idea why? and i have looked at the as24 suggested by mazzer2 and i will have to look into it further as i want to do a couple of shows in france, probably not able to access all areas without using a toll road.

hotel magnum:
iguana is correct, carry on as normal, you just need to deposit it in belgium if wanting to return it, no idea why? and i have looked at the as24 suggested by mazzer2 and i will have to look into it further as i want to do a couple of shows in france, probably not able to access all areas without using a toll road.

I have had an AS24 box for the last year initially it was set for France and Belgium but then as needed added Austria and Germany to it just a case of a phone call to get new countries added plus just one bill coming in instead of several certainly has made life easier

Mazzer2:
Would it not be worth getting the AS24 box? One box does everywhere and means you can actually see out of the windscreen :slight_smile:

Exactly Mazzer.

AS24 box is a top job and I’ve heard DKV have an interesting option now as well.

That Belgian box when we had it was bigger, uglier and more awkward to use than a concrete mixer on your windscreen. Then again we are talking about Belgium so…