Freight ship out of Bilbao

:sunglasses: Evening guys.
I have just been told a regular run I do too Portugal has to be loaded on a different day so the ferry out of Bilbao wont marry up with my schedule.
I have been told I’m booked on the freighter, having never been on it I was wondering if anybody has and could tell about facilities for food and drink, or should I go prepared.
Many thanks.

is this the freighter out of poole

hotel magnum:
is this the freighter out of poole

I’m assuming so,
I thought it stopped carrying drivers and a dont know of another.
It was a message I got ( to be confirmed ).

12 Drivers Freight ferry crossings to France and Spain - Brittany Ferries

Twice a week Freight ferry crossings to France and Spain - Brittany Ferries

What more could you want & Breton cuisine too!!

Looks a…

Bit of a tub.

youtube.com/watch?v=OF9qx0RXzho&t=2s

Possibly 4 to a cabin. I hope your fellow sweaties shower frequently.

Bon voyage.

the boat is the pelican , and it is a tub i’ve been on it a few times and that’s a few to many, the food is crap there is nothing to do and its a slow boat . the first time i was on it it took 72hrs to get back to the uk due to the weather , there’s 3 cabins on the boat . when i went on it the second time i took my portable cooker and food (so i knew what i was eating ) and my portable dvd player good luck if your on it , it’s not a boat i go on if i have to can’t you go portsmouth/santander thats the way we ship most of the times , hope this helps

I recall a freight ship which used to sail from Poole to Portugal 30+ years ago.
I don’t remember the name but it was frequently late in lumpy seas and drivers had strangely coloured faces when disembarking.
Apparently it was worse than the mv Dorset.

Jesus thanks fellas,
Really looking forward to that, can see me not coming back on that because I definitely will not share.
To be fair our company wouldn’t book me in a shared cabin. I will get the details tomorrow, could be some blue air.

Historically,Sir Francis Drake sailed around the world on a ship called the “Golden Hind”.This ship had been renamed from the “Pelican” so,for your sake,I hope it’s not the same ship!

bambam68:
Jesus thanks fellas,
Really looking forward to that, can see me not coming back on that because I definitely will not share.
To be fair our company wouldn’t book me in a shared cabin. I will get the details tomorrow, could be some blue air.

Can’t see you sharing a cabin with another driver, it’s not allowed at the moment due to social distancing.
None of the drivers currently using BF Portsmouth to Caen ferries are sharing (same as in the first wave in spring)

BTW it does look like a tub, seen it loads of times in Poole but never been on it
This is what it looks like and details too:-

brittanyferriesfreight.co.u … es/pelican

tattooed:
the boat is the pelican , and it is a tub i’ve been on it a few times and that’s a few to many, the food is crap there is nothing to do and its a slow boat . the first time i was on it it took 72hrs to get back to the uk due to the weather , there’s 3 cabins on the boat . when i went on it the second time i took my portable cooker and food (so i knew what i was eating ) and my portable dvd player good luck if your on it , it’s not a boat i go on if i have to can’t you go portsmouth/santander thats the way we ship most of the times , hope this helps

Tattooed,
I’ve got to go too France and reload Portugal.
Normally I comeback bilbao -portsmouth but this time due to Portuguese Independence Day I cant make the boat back. So it’s either this or drive back to caen.they need to turn me around as we’ve got several drivers off at the moment and I can get a break on the tug.

Looks well tired after only 21 years - still as long as it doesn’t leak :smiley: :smiley:

bambam68 there is a boat out of santander every sunday and wednsday if its any help

tattooed:
bambam68 there is a boat out of santander every sunday and wednsday if its any help

No mate wont get their till Thursday morning.
Im confirmed on the pelican, but its single occupant cabins so at the most their are 3 drivers on it.
Man it’s going to be a long crossing.

bambam68:

tattooed:

No mate wont get their till Thursday morning.
Im confirmed on the pelican, but its single occupant cabins so at the most their are 3 drivers on it.
Man it’s going to be a long crossing.

Buy yourself some San Miguels on the way to the port, I suggest a large case, that’ll help you through the 18 hr trip :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: